DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello someone's brain that can help while I scratch mine a little more,

2003 Intrepid 2.7 90k miles.
Started having a hesitation from stop (idle rpm) just for a second or 2 and then above idle everything is fine. Its not missing at all, not running rough, no smoke, a little worse gas mileage.
It had a code for map sensor, I tested the sensor and it seemed like it worked but maybe off a tiny bit, so I replaced it and the code went away. I tested the throttle position sensor and the voltage range said to be 0.6 at idle and 4.5 at full throttle, I measured 0.5 idle and 4.3 wot so I replaced that and now have correct measurements but still lag for 1 or 2 seconds from a stop, after that it runs great.
Throttle body is clean, air filter is clean, good spark plugs, vaccum hoses are all connected and dont seem to be leaking.. what am I missing? 馃
Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2 sensor appears to be a little lazy, but could be caused by the lag? I dont know, too much thinking 馃 help?

Attachments

Registered
has it ever been parked for sometime and may have stale fuel?
have you tried an injector cleaner in the fuel yet?
idle speed is fine and it drops to idle normally, or does it seem to run high before finding idle?
could even be a small gasket leak in the intake.
did you use a sensor from the dealer or from wherever?
some sensors are particular to being factory replacements.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hasnt been parked and has had 3 tanks of fuel with same problem. I havent run any injector cleaner in it in a few months. Idle is perfect like a new car, runs great and has great acceleration besides the lag delay when first pressing pedal. I replaced with standard motor products brand. I thought of the OEM issue which is why I tested the sensor after and got good readings :/

Premium Member
Air intake leak past the MAP?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I couldnt find any leaks, but I havent smoke tested it yet.. wondering if the aftermarket map sensor could be the problem. I will smoke test it and see.
I've searched and read very similar problems in these cars and similar with this engine and never has a solution :(

Premium Member
Air intake leak past the MAP?
Here I don't mean AT the MAP, I mean BEYOND the MAP. (In other words air flow, likely due to a leak, that the MAP sensor doesn't "see". :cool:

Have you double checked all the connections?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha 馃槑
I haven't double checked everything, I was waiting until I do the smoke test. Pcv hose looked worn, I replaced but it didn't fix it.

Registered
Okay , just read your problem .
I just remembered I had a similar issue last year, I bought a new (expensive)Chrysler camshaft position sensor , and it solved the problem .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, Masi. I think that was my next focus as it really doesnt seem to be a vacuum leak. Thank you for your reply. I will order one and update with progress. It's my girlfriends daily and of course it happened while I had the intake manifold, supercharger, cylinder head off of our other daily car :/

Registered
Hey you welcome (all the thank yous goes to Peva, daytreper, and Ronbo and all the other posters that I benefited from reading their posts).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts