DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 pm Post subject: My Intrepid died, I survived...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning leaving work, after Physical Fitness I left the base at 8AM and headed home, going down this backroad which is full of S curves I entered one turn cruising at 40mph.... in front of me sliding sideways at over 60mph is a red Honda car, I jerked the wheel to the left but the car was 10-15 feet in front of me, my car and the other were completly destroyed.... I was taken th the hospital by ambulance with my right arm being snapped out of joint, was put back in.... so minus my daily driver and lucky to be alive I sit here looking at 2 cars for replacement.....

Another Intrepid with the 3.5 or...... 02 Sebring with the 2.4 inline 4 cylinder.... what one should I buy......

As for the Intrepid it is a great solid car and im sure if I was in a smaller car I would have died..... my wife went back to where they flat bedded my car to clean it out and says I dont know how you walked away from that accident, the other driver is ok with just a cut over his eye. He was speeding and lost control of his car coming over a hill S curve..... I cant believe this happened, took only seconds.... in still in shock.....

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are alright and hope your arm gets better soon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hard to say. All things being equal, I'd probably take the Trep. When I was rear ended in my first gen (totaled), I decided I wanted some metal around me. BTW, I walked away. The Mercedes that hit me had over $22K in damage according to the insurance agent. Next car was the '99 LHS followed by my '99 Trep.

If it matters to you, be aware that not all of the Sebrings are Chrysler built. Check out the VIN, and if it starts with a number, it's built in North America. If the first letter is a "J" it is built in Japan.

Good luck with the search!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Glad to her you walked away relatively unscathed. I t-boned someone in a Grand Marquis at 55mph in my '93 Concorde and walked away w/ just some broken bones in my hand. Could have been much worse, and would have been in a smaller car. I would have to go with the Intrepid. You know what you're getting and should feel like the old set of wheels.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Intrepid FTW!!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Sorry to hear man, glad your ok. Id suggest another Trep!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts