DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, up until about a day or two ago, I was running my webserver as a standalone Win2000 Server.

Well, a couple of days ago, I incorporated Active Directory on my 2 servers (webserver and fileserver) to get some practice for running Active Directory for my 70-217 cert.

Ummmm....my website don't work no more. (I'm sure my picture is not showing up, unless this is just an interanl network prob)

Any ideas what might have happened? I have a weird feeling there's some DNS trickery involved here. Any input?

I did re-add the IUSR<servername> user to the wwwroot folder after the AD install, so that's not it. I think it was working up until today when I added the second server. I had AD running on my webserver for a couple days now.

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I had just restarted my server when you went on...you must have saw my website just as I was shutting it down.

Should be a picture now?

It looks like it's fixed now. It was a DNS prob.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
It took me months to finally get a decent understanding of DNS. Even now sometimes it bugs me. Win2k DNS is a lot different than WinNT DNS.

At least its back up. :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by DjPiLL:
It took me months to finally get a decent understanding of DNS. Even now sometimes it bugs me. Win2k DNS is a lot different than WinNT DNS.

At least its back up. :)
I totally agree, that is the one thing that is keeping me from taking my certs right now. I'm 90% comfy with DNS and 100% comfy with everything else. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts