DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
A friend of mine test drove one said she really liked it has I thik 170 in the reg..and 200 or so in the S..... better then A tibby for almost the same cash....reliable..it's a honda.....enough said!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
160HP in the regular............gotta remember it's a Honda though and that means low torque. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think Automobile Magazine did a year-long test on an RSX Type S, and they loved it. It was very reliable and didn't show much wear. I think they only thing they didn't like about it was that the steering didn't feel too confident around the center position. Try looking at automobilemag.com .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input. i don't know if i can go back to a small car ..but they do seem well made. test drive maybe today.:blush:

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
I've owned a couple of Hondas (Preludes) and I loved them both. I'd buy another one except for the fact that I feel they're over priced, and I just don't think I can go back to the "compact car" ride. Great vehicles though!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Funny about everyone not wanting to go back to compact cars. I myself owned three tiny cars previous the concorde I own now. (87 Dodge Colt, 88 Honda Civic Hatch, 94 Toyota Paseo). After a bit of time in a big one it is real nice. I would also absolutely agree that most Japenese cars are OVERPRICED, I think they are overranked in general.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Even if imports have their problems, some of them certainly have resale as an asset, and most of them are more reliable. I checked out consumer reports, and nearly all of the imports were more reliable than domestics.

I don't like most imports, but for investment reasons, they're not a bad choice.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
how is ANY new car an "investment"??? LOL

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Avenger said:
160HP in the regular............gotta remember it's a Honda though and that means low torque. :)
Low torque or not a RSX Type S would hand you you're ass. You'd be lucky to catch his license plate number before he pulled away on you.

From everything I've read about them (girlfriend was interested in buying one) they seem to be a pretty reliable car. There are several with major engine issues, but most can be attributed to dumbasses behind the wheel. I just think they're a little over priced for what you get. Knock about 3-5k off the price and I think it would be a better deal.

As for an investment, a home is an investment. A car is nothing more than an expenditure unless you have something really rare, that eventually (i.e. many, many years from now) others will want. I'm afraid even the R/T doesn't fall into that category...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts