DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met up with a four-doored Acura (Legend?? :confused: not sure on the model but it was definitely in the mid 90's) at a stop light coming home from Menards. It was a bone stock ride. No fart pipe or hideous exterior enhancements. No blue lights or even upgraded wheels. It was a classy looking car. He obviously wanted to challenge me to a race but I wasn't paying attention. I, as did he, had another person in the car. The light turned green and I sat there for 1-2 seconds and he didn't move either. I looked over and he is looking at me, so I punched it. I had it to the boards up to 55 mph (45 zone) I didn't see him in the rear view. I looked over and his front end was right in between the front and rear doors. I let off at 55 because the next light was approaching and they are never synchronized. He did pass me after I let off, but technically I could have kept pulling on him if I had open road. :)

I am not calling this a kill. I am calling it a dead even run. I don't know if we left at the same time and because we both didn't go exactly at green it wasn't a fair fight. I researched a 1994 Legend sedan and came up with 0-60 time of 8.1 seconds and 1/4 mile time of 16.3. Close numbers to my first generation 3.5L 'Trep. Maybe if I see him next time... ;)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Originally posted by Viprman:
I am not calling this a kill.
Nice run, nonetheless. I hate Acuras! They always used to seem to get stuck in the treads of my ex-Chev C1500. Damn, those cars are expensive... and then the long years of risk insurance. :(

I'm cool now, though. :cool: Just a little racin' :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm just curious of how that spirit R/T sounds Viprman. Is there someway you can record it starting up and revving? I'm interested in how that baby sounds. :cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by whyme:

i love close races.
Me too. Haven't had one in my Trep yet though. I either stomp on something shitty or get my ass dusted. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, i had a real close race last summer with an older integra. thing was cookin. we were neck and neck to 100. i dont like going much faster than that, but neither of us was pulling.

i did beat him at the track twice though. hehe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a run in with the first gen 3.2 TL's...it seemed like a 97 or so. We ran even from 30-160km/h...then i started pulling on him, but I think that was because he let off of the gas. BTW i was runnin a stock 97 Intrepid w/ the 3.5.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by RapidTransit:
Nice run, nonetheless. I hate Acuras! They always used to seem to get stuck in the treads of my ex-Chev C1500. Damn, those cars are expensive... and then the long years of risk insurance. :(

I'm cool now, though. :cool: Just a little racin' :D
I also *hate* Acuras. them and their little 4 Inline engines suck. the only 1 car that i like done my Honda/Acura is NSX. (fyi: In japan, there is No Acura only the Honda)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by admiral_ju00:
I also *hate* Acuras. them and their little 4 Inline engines suck. the only 1 car that i like done my Honda/Acura is NSX. (fyi: In japan, there is No Acura only the Honda)
looks like i can't spell tonight worth of jack..... :mad:

i meant that the only car i like that is made by Honda/Acura is NSX. all the other hondas and acuras suck ass!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Starscream:
I'm just curious of how that spirit R/T sounds Viprman. Is there someway you can record it starting up and revving? I'm interested in how that baby sounds. :cool:
I'll see what I can do. I will be gettin' her out of the storage building in Spring. ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
hey Viprman, do you really own a Viper?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts