DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is possible or practical to add Aniti-lock brakes and traction control to and existing Intrepid?
I found one that I like that I may buy, but I use it to haul my boat out so I need the traction control.
I have resigned myself to the white gauges (sigh...)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, I do not think that ABS is just computer controlled, I think that you need a new master cylinder + computer to do that, its the same with traction control, I think you need the Master Cylinder for ABS brakes to make it work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Randy,

Who is Otto?

Would really like to find out about this ABS retrofit thing.

The question of retrofitting accessories has much importance, imho.

In my agonizings over picking out a 'trep, and comparing it with the 300M, I have looked at dozens in NJ and NY.

I even flew my Mooney to Virginia to see one.

Basically, there are many SE's out there, all of which are plain-jane with VERY little equipment.

About one in 10 or 20 is an ES and most of those are loaded.

I am now thinking I want a dark red one, and finding a dark red ES is really looking for a needle in a haystack. Hence retrofit.

Steve (shorerunner)

·
Registered
558 Posts
The ABS are going to require sensors at each wheel to monitor the road conditions. I'm no expert but either it is a major, major job or it cannot be done. Just my thought!

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by shorerunner:
...I even flew my Mooney to Virginia to see one...
What's a Mooney?

And did you try going to www.carmax.com?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Adding ABS and traction control would be very expensive and time consuming(new mater cylinder, ABS control unit, sensors at each weel just to name a few). You are better off looking for a car that has it.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
a FAST private single engine plane.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
ok. enough with the 'flying my own plane stuff' Not only do you own a New Car, you own an Airplane? Come on. I am still making payments on my Used '96, and am shellin out the dough to goto school.
Blah. you make me sick

Well, not really, it just is funny to see people talking about that stuff. kinda hard to imagine.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i love UND's warrior IIIs. even better is the baron that awaits me when i do multi :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's a Mooney?

A Mooney is a "the cheapest fast airplane"
Mine is a 1967, highly modified, that goes 190 mph and gets 20+ mpg.
360 fuel injected cubic inches in 4 cylinders
For a pic see www.digivac.com and click on "about us"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts