DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought an addon remotstarter to work with the factory keyless entry? http://thewallsecurity.com/wall_remote.htm sells a Model that works with OEM/Factory keyless entry transmitters.

Is there any way of increasing the range on the factory keyless entry system so i can unlook it from further away?

·
Registered
587 Posts
You can get range extender antennas for aftermarket alarms like mine, but I dunno about factory setups. I'd ask teh mopar service dept....or just find the antenna for the keyless entry and make it longer... I have an aftermarket starter installed as well, but not sure how well aftermarker starters integrate with the stock alarm/keyless entry.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Believe it or not...this works:

Point the transmitter right up against the bottom of your chin (touching your skin) when you lock or unlock the car. It doubles the range at least. My buddy says it uses your body as an antenna. I don't know about that, but I tried it and it works. I have no idea why, and I really don't care...but I was surprised.

·
Registered
187 Posts
See my mod list,

Range increased to 500+ feet and still works like the factory one with their remote and 15+ auto lock still.

sURFN

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think it's the metal fillings in your teeth that increase the range. Also if you stick up your arm and wave to you car it will extend it even more.......plus you might look like a dork!!! lol Don't get mad at me, we've all done it. :D :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think it's the metal fillings in your teeth that increase the range. Also if you stick up your arm and wave to you car it will extend it even more.......plus you might look like a dork!!! lol Don't get mad at me, we've all done it. :D :D
the transmitter radiates RF, using your skull bone as antenna ( Increasing area, but not signal strength {passive} )

know this post is ancient, but an education is timeless ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts