DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am curious if it at all posiable to add the automatic climate control to my car, i have the manual set up right now but need to replace the switches as they are bad and i was just curious if i can add the automatic climate control instead,

if i can what do i need to convert it? thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You need the dash harness from 98-2001 LH equipped with ATC, and you need the ATC head unit. Changing out the harness requires removal of the dash. I would suggest replacing the evaporator core (common failure unit in our cars) and maybe the heater core while you're there.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,448 Posts
Upper and Lower dash harness from the appropriate year car. The ATC head itself and a full days work to pull the dash out install the wiring harness and put the dash back in. A lot of work but many people have done it.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I have done it too it is great a lot of work but great.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
I havent done it, i just traded my intrepid for a special,, vola!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too would like to do this to my car, I just picked it up a few weeks back and love it. Anyone know the reason for the replacement of the wiring harness? Can you just modify the one that is currently there? What differences are there?

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I too would like to do this to my car, I just picked it up a few weeks back and love it. Anyone know the reason for the replacement of the wiring harness? Can you just modify the one that is currently there? What differences are there?
the connectors and circuitry is different plus the ATC adds a few sensors like the outside temp sensor and the sun load sensor. Swapping the harness make it a plug and play.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I will have one for sale in the next month or so, out of 2003 300M Special Edition, it would swap in perfectly.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Where is that? Tried google w/ no results..

Thanks for all of the help guys!
LOL!!!! "stephs lh parts emporium" is nickname for paintballdude05. He has tons of stuff.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts