DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1998 Dodge intrepid ES with traction control. And my Grandparents have a 2000 Chrysler Concorde LX without traction control, and they love the traction control they had on their 1995 Concorde. I was wondering is it as easy as just installing a button or would it be an extensive process?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
TC would be expensive to put into a car that didn't come with it. Not worth it in my opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
trac

Sorry ICE it takes a little more that adding a button to get trac contol. You need to replace the whole ABS pump unit with one made just for Trac. You could try and find one from a wrecked 98-02 LH car . The pump and computer are under the left front corner of the car .If you crawl under the car you will see it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok my 1999 ES has ABS(still gutta test this fact, but the abs light does turn on when i start the car), but no traction control, so then does this mean that i still need to get the whole ABS pump unit from a vehicle that had one. and when i test the dash lights the traction control lights come on, so could it be done?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Yes, that's the unit you'd be canging. It's a combination pump and controller. Then you also have to run your wires from the trac switch to the instrument cluster and ground.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
If you had certain options (don't remember which) you would have the connector taped to the harness or plugged into where the switch would be.

·
Registered
381 Posts
for the price you will have to pay to install TC you should just buy a car with it. besides ABS is more to work on and TC kinda dosent work right on FWD cars. on RWD cars it works grate but FWD cars when in use trys to keep the car going in a line, with most of the time is good. but some times it is not like going around a tight corrner.

I personaly dont like ANY equipment on a car that takes over and trys to think for me (On any FWD car).

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I'd like to someday add the traction control myself. I had the parts to convert my 97 Vision but wrote it off.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
If you change the unit yourself, you'll have to bleed the ABS as well, It's alot easier if you have a DRBIII etc. Most of us don't so to bleed the ABS you have to bleed the brakes normally then go for a ride and activate the ABS, go back and rebleed and repeat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts