DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
stp and mystery oil are good. i used pennzoil gumout on my last tank, it seems to have done ok. sea foam can be used as a gas treatment too but i haven't done it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
B&G makes some of hte best stuff out there...sometimes a bit hard to find, though...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
There was talk about that tranny anti-foam. It is spose to make the car shift harder without harming the tranny. I havent tried it yet though, so i dont know how effective it is :rolleyes:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I use the STP stuff in the grey bottle. Its good for 4k miles and it supposedly cleans more than your injectors. It cleans a lot of stuff. Its been awhile since I put some in (like July). I'm due to put some in when I hit 60k miles. Its worked well for me, but then again I had 6 new fuel injectors replaced about 1.5 months ago. :mad:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Originally posted by Starscream:
I use the STP stuff in the grey bottle. Its good for 4k miles and it supposedly cleans more than your injectors. It cleans a lot of stuff. Its been awhile since I put some in (like July). I'm due to put some in when I hit 60k miles. Its worked well for me, but then again I had 6 new fuel injectors replaced about 1.5 months ago. :mad:
Could that be a hint and a half to NOT use the stuff again? Maybe just for precautionary reasons?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I have been using STP fuel treatment at every oil change for all my cars for years now. The service manager at a local dealership recommended it for all fuel injected cars. I think it's worth spending a couple bucks a month to help clean the crap out of your injectors.

As for the tranny anti-foam, I have put a total of three bottles into my 2000ES. I did the first two ounces first and tit made a world of difference, kinda a mini shift kit for under $10. I just added the third bottle last month to see if it made a difference (two is good, lets see if three is better) and it did nothing at all, so my recommendation is not to waste the extra $2.10 on the third, stick with two bottles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts