DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 Intrepid R/T, with Infinity System, but I want to change the stock rear 6x9 speakers, I'm using all the stock sound system but the rear speakers are starting to sound bad. What do you recomend me to buy. I was thinking about de Infinity Kappa 693.7i (6x9 3-way) Please help me with this.

Does the stock amp will power up this speakers ???

or which speakers I have to buy ???

·
Registered
458 Posts
i have the infinity kappa 692.7i's and they are fuc*ing awesome....and yes, they are a 2 ohm impedance...i would strongly recommend those, as many other members here would also

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ulintze29 said:
i have the infinity kappa 692.7i's and they are fuc*ing awesome....and yes, they are a 2 ohm impedance...i would strongly recommend those, as many other members here would also

bUT do you have the stock HU and amp with the Kappa 692.7i's ???? or do you ad something ???

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I would add an amp to all aftermarket speakers, the Factory amp is weak to power any other speaker, and plus it has crossovers and other bullshit that the factory 2-ohm speakers need to work as a component system, I would bypass them, or just buy replacement O.E.M. Infinity 6x9's until your ready for the upgrade pal!, ;),

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
RTsamarinRT said:
I have a '01 Intrepid R/T, with Infinity System, but I want to change the stock rear 6x9 speakers, I'm using all the stock sound system but the rear speakers are starting to sound bad. What do you recomend me to buy. I was thinking about de Infinity Kappa 693.7i (6x9 3-way) Please help me with this.

Does the stock amp will power up this speakers ???

or which speakers I have to buy ???
Those are 2ohm, so yes they will work. You'll need the wiring adapters to avoid cutting the factory harness. They are free with the speakers at crutchfield.com

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
They will technically work BUT performance will not be good. The Infinity amp has a crossover and I think it also has a custom EQ curve programmed in that is designed to match the stock speaker. If you put a speaker in with different tonal characteristics, it won't sound right.

·
Registered
285 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
Replace everything, and amp it all with new amp(s)
I agree, get rid of the "premium" Infinity crap. I currently have the "premium" system and all the speakers sound like crap now. They sounded great for just over 2 years.

I have everything for a new setup and hope to put it in soon. I bought 5 1/4" components with 6X9 plate for the rear and 6 1/2" for the front. All I need is another sub and I am set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts