DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this 02 intrepid SE, and it doesn't have a cd deck, no speakers in the rear doors and I want to add some life to the inside on this car. What are some advice on an audio system, dash kit, speakers, lights etc. If it's possible I want to spend to more than $500 cdn for now on it.

Attachments

·
Woober Goobers!
50,017 Posts
No Intrepids had speakers in the rear doors. The Infinity II systems had rear door speakers and mostly found in the 300m and some Concordes/LHS.

Do you have speaker pods in the front doors up by the rear view mirrors?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Intrepids had speakers in the rear doors. The Infinity II systems had rear door speakers and mostly found in the 300m and some Concordes/LHS.

Do you have speaker pods in the front doors up by the rear view mirrors?
No I don't have speaker pods in the front doors. This car is very basic, I got it from my wife's grand dad.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,017 Posts
Just so you know....you have a Base model Audio System. If you plan on swapping to a different OEM Radio this is important information. 1998-2001 cars used OEM radios with two 7 pin connectors on the back for all the power/audio connections. 2002-2004 used a different single 22 pin connector with the exception of 2002 Base model only that used the two 7 pin connectors.

This only matters if you want to swap to a different OEM radio. There are also wiring adapters that will allow you to use later OEM radios in earlier cars. There are OEM 4/6 disc CD changers that work with the proper OEM radio models with the proper interconnect cables. Pretty much all of these CD changers are exactly that...CD changers. They don't play MP3 files. There's one model changer and one model OEM radio that will play MP# but they're hard to find and expensive.

You haven't provided any details on whether you want to stay OEM, go aftermarket, or use a combination of the two. So I guess the next question is what do you expect? OEM radio/head unit? Aftermarket Radio/ Aftermarket Amplifier(s) and the list goes on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just so you know....you have a Base model Audio System. If you plan on swapping to a different OEM Radio this is important information. 1998-2001 cars used OEM radios with two 7 pin connectors on the back for all the power/audio connections. 2002-2004 used a different single 22 pin connector with the exception of 2002 Base model only that used the two 7 pin connectors.

This only matters if you want to swap to a different OEM radio. There are also wiring adapters that will allow you to use later OEM radios in earlier cars. There are OEM 4/6 disc CD changers that work with the proper OEM radio models with the proper interconnect cables. Pretty much all of these CD changers are exactly that...CD changers. They don't play MP3 files. There's one model changer and one model OEM radio that will play MP# but they're hard to find and expensive.

You haven't provided any details on whether you want to stay OEM, go aftermarket, or use a combination of the two. So I guess the next question is what do you expect? OEM radio/head unit? Aftermarket Radio/ Aftermarket Amplifier(s) and the list goes on.
Sorry about that Ronbo, I would like to add aftermarket parts to the interior, radio, amps, speakers, lights etc. However, if I could add parts that could give it a factory/OEM look that would be great but not a priority.

Inch_High

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
if you want to replace the head unit, all four speakers and put an amp in, plus leave money left over to glue lights all over the place.. you're going to end up with a bunch of crap.

Just saying. I would suggest blowing your wad on front component speakers, and an amp to run them. You can run a LOC and keep the stock deck, my personal preference, or you can buy a cheap deck to put in there if you like to waste money on shiny things. A mopar cd deck will run you $50 bucks from a yard . The RAZ is a great unit. Get a 5 channel amp so you can expand as you get more cash. (rear speakers and a sub) Knukonceptz has great wiring kits.

You can get stick on dash stuff from ebay.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,017 Posts
^^.....x2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you want to replace the head unit, all four speakers and put an amp in, plus leave money left over to glue lights all over the place.. you're going to end up with a bunch of crap.

Just saying. I would suggest blowing your wad on front component speakers, and an amp to run them. You can run a LOC and keep the stock deck, my personal preference, or you can buy a cheap deck to put in there if you like to waste money on shiny things. A mopar cd deck will run you $50 bucks from a yard . The RAZ is a great unit. Get a 5 channel amp so you can expand as you get more cash. (rear speakers and a sub) Knukonceptz has great wiring kits.

You can get stick on dash stuff from ebay.
I'm gonna try an get a RAZ unit from a yard and get a proper 5 ch amp. And couple that with some front and rear speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts