DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input on mods besides rims I should do on a 98 trep se?links would be appreciated.also any info on the nav hu and compatibleness with my ride?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I don't think the RB1 nav unit will work on a '98, better off to go for an aftermarket unit. K&N FIPK intake is a good mod. An ES bumper with fogs is a nice upgrade. A 3.5L engine swap? 300M leather seats? Dash kit? HID lighting? 300m chrome handles, 300m chrome shifter.

I have over 75 mods........so there is lots you CAN do......mostly 300m parts, or universal upgrades.

HID's is probably one of my favourite mods.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
An RB1 will work on a 98, you just need a wiring adapter, and you need to run one wire from the BCM...pretty simple

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Oops........my bad :p

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
SEARCH!

This site has been around for 5+ years. If there's a mod to be done, the trick to it is on these boards... you just have to look for it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can I find the nav? Does it have a cd player or is it seperate? What's the long row of buttons below ur nav badasstrep?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I have the RB1 nav system as well. It plays CD's, but you have to swap out the nav disc to play cd's. Sooooooo, a good addition to the nav system is the OEM in dash 4 or 6 cd changer. I have the 6 disc changer, and it plugs right into the back of the RB1 navigation unit (made by Alpine for Chrysler).

Ebay is a good place to look for the RB1 nav system..........expect to pay $500+ for it. I paid $800 for mine a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
speepdaedeesi said:
Where can I find the nav? Does it have a cd player or is it seperate? What's the long row of buttons below ur nav badasstrep?
i think he has the 6 disc in-dash cd changer from a caravan, but i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it reads the directions off a cd.. Hmm. Dare I ask if it plays dvd? Guessing not. Also guessing it does have am fm radio. What does it display while your not in nav mode? To me well worth 500 plus for the nav, espesially bc its oem. I will check out googling it and froogling it. Thanks 4 the info

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The RB1 is a much better unit. They both use the same nav DVD. They DON'T play DVD's. Displays either maps or CD or radio while in nav mode.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
you maybe better off searching thru the second gen show off threads, or look for links in people sig's, the more active posters on this site have done most avaible mods, and there are a ton of how-to's in the how-to section.

hth
Bruce

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Avenger said:
The RB1 is a much better unit. They both use the same nav DVD. They DON'T play DVD's. Displays either maps or CD or radio while in nav mode.
I hate to correct you again, but the Rb1 and the Rb4 do not use the same Nav DVD, the RB1 uses one DVD, while the Rb4 uses different CD's (not DVD's) for different regions, so if you need to travel to canada or something, you would need to change the disk and so on....
If you wanna get one, go with the RB1

Here is a brand new one, and if you wait, I believe that seller usually sells new ones for a BIN price...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRY...tegoryZ38653QQihZ018QQitemZ280048096650QQrdZ1

And 01redMS, my changer is from a 300M, the ones from the caravans have different mounting brackets, and those could be put in with some modification, but you can get a 300M one for a direct fit.
if you want a changer, contact Ronbo or Torontofirecaptain, they usualy have a few laying around, and they are very good guys!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,643 Posts
The Caravan changers are the same mechanism..but the front faceplate which includes the mounting tabs is different. Andrei and I found that out the hard way. The mounts on a Caravan changer can probably be re-drilled and modified to work...but it's best if you find a changer from an LH car. 300m/Concorde/Intrepid/LHS from 1998-2004.
I have an RB1 Nav unit and the biggest advantadge I find besides a single DVD for nav is the map display. You can actually zoom out and get a larger view of the surrounding area. The RB4 appears to just have turn arrows and not an actual map. Something like a TomTom? I think the RB1 also has more features like breadcrumb trail and cursor pointing to select a route. Not to mention you can just enter a phone number and program the destination with that if it's available on the DVD. Below is a bigger shot of my dash with an RB1 and a 4 disc changer. The 4 disc changer has been replaced by a 6 disc just like Badasstrep's. The 4/6 changers are interchangeable and have the same connector.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So nice! I want it. I'm kinda torn between aftermarket touch screen in dash bc of dvd and xm capabilities and the oem nav w changer bc its oem and nav. Anyone have a motorized in dash? I'd like to know how they sit in the dash as in how the view of the screen is when its out. I had a screen in my truck but when it flipped out the angle wasn't 100 percent where it should've been. Kinda tilted forward a lil due to the console.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The RB1 nav unit is Sirius compatible with the optional Sirius unit.

.........I hate spreading misinformation, thanks for correcting me :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts