DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took home my new '04 SXT on Thurs. (Traded in my '95 ES).
I noticed a paint chip that was obviously just touched up with a brush. It is very small, maybe 1/16in. in dia., but it is right above the INTREPID badge on the trunk lid. Quite noticable. I took it back to the dealership, who is willing to fix it, no problem. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is the best action, as all the badging has to come off and they have to paint the entire area again. Will this be as good as the factory original? Should I get it fixed or would it be better to just leave it in the long run.
I'm worried about the lesser quality of a non-factory finish.
Any thoughts would be apprieciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have about 30-40 knicks in my hood. Never noticed it until about a month after I got my car. Going to have to have the whole thing repainted eventually. :(

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
A re-paint is never as good as the original factory paint. For a small chip like that I'd probably look into just having it touched up. A really good paint shop and touch up just that small spot without having to repaint the entire area of the lid. It will cost you, so it's up to you whether or not it's worth it...

·
Registered
256 Posts
its pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
NKA'sSXT said:
I took home my new '04 SXT on Thurs. (Traded in my '95 ES).
I noticed a paint chip that was obviously just touched up with a brush. It is very small, maybe 1/16in. in dia., but it is right above the INTREPID badge on the trunk lid. Quite noticable. I took it back to the dealership, who is willing to fix it, no problem. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is the best action, as all the badging has to come off and they have to paint the entire area again. Will this be as good as the factory original? Should I get it fixed or would it be better to just leave it in the long run.
I'm worried about the lesser quality of a non-factory finish.
Any thoughts would be apprieciated. Thanks.
I'm going to assume, since you say '04, you are under full factory warranty. Yes, have the dealership re-paint and re-badge the rear face of the deck lid. I had the same thing done and am very satisfied. The dealership VIN matched my paint for a perfect match and used the factory "two-step" process. You cannot tell the difference. This was done at White Bear Dodge in MN and I can't speak for the paint-shops at other dealers (Spook R/T had a bad match, I know) but this one is top shelf. You may want to have them leave the badging off for a cleaner look, too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input! It's going in Monday to be fixed!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts