DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been a while. In 2013 the tie rod bushings went out and I received my first insurance bill after my teen son had an accident in one of my other cars, with 2 leases and my other 2 teens getting close to driving age I parked the "Space Ship" in the garage and its been sitting there ever since. Decided to try and clean the garage out so its time to try and get it back on the road now.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
153 Posts
You probably know this, but there is lots of info online you can find by Googling about what to do with a car that his been sitting like that for years before starting it up. For example, you can Google: car storage starting cylinders spark plugs fluids.

You would also need new tires to be safe for highway speed driving. Even just sitting, the rubber will age after that much time. The tire makers say even to get a new spare tire after 10 years to be safe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably know this, but there is lots of info online you can find by Googling about what to do with a car that his been sitting like that for years before starting it up. For example, you can Google: car storage starting cylinders spark plugs fluids.

You would also need new tires to be safe for highway speed driving. Even just sitting, the rubber will age after that much time. The tire makers say even to get a new spare tire after 10 years to be safe.
Yes you are correct. It needed new tires anyway (another reason it was parked). I'll also have the cooling system flushed but it did crank up fairly easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts