DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an alarm system installed recently in thier 2nd gen intrepid? Has anyone had problems afterwards? I am going to have an alarm system installed (keyless entry + alarm) in a couple of days and am a little apprehensive about someone taking apart my dash and drilling holes. I know intrepids have more electronics than KITT, could there be any problems? :confused:

·
Registered
973 Posts
I had a Viper installed by a good shop and I've had no problems in just over a year with it. Knock on wood loudly. That shop realized they had a computer controlled wiring system to contend with so they stopped and called Viper (DEI?) to find out what they needed to do to do it correctly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think they are all after market... if it comes from the dealer with an alarm that just means it was installed on the dealer's lot by some alarm company... I don't think they come from the factory.

I got the Lojack system with the passive alarm... cost me about $800... haven't had any problems. Convenient too they came to the parking lot at my work place and did the install.

Although I have to admit the "alarm" part is a waste... no one pays any attention to them... my last car had one and was broken into three times.. didn't make any difference.

Tom

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Hmm... that makes me a little apprehensive. I was thinking of using my tax refund this year (assuming I get one) to have a Viper keyless entry/alarm system put in. There is a place in town here that does that type of thing, and I was thinking of taking it there. I guess it's always a gamble... whether they will do good work or not.

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: 00ChryslerIntrepid ]

·
Registered
37 Posts
In my case all they wanted was my stereo... to protect your stereo system alarms are a waste of money... to keep your car from being stolen... my guess is if yours has one the theif will just steal the next one that doesn't... and if it does get stolen and you have Lojack then you will probably get it back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In my case all they wanted was my stereo... to protect your stereo system alarms are a waste of money... to keep your car from being stolen... my guess is if yours has one the theif will just steal the next one that doesn't... and if it does get stolen and you have Lojack then you will probably get it back.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think any good alarm will have a starter disable built into it. The alarm part is pretty much ignored by all of us, but with my last car someone tried to use a slim jim and set off the alarm. It worked that time, they took off. Wasn't kids either.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Going to a professional shop is the first step. Second step is picking a good product. Aside from that i've never heard of anyone having problems with their alarms! Hope that helps :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well, I had a problem with mine. The shop where I had mine installed cut some ground wires, and later on my headlights and horn stopped working. I'm now trying to get it replaced.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Clifford system here

And it works great.

Best Buy installed. Remote start, keyless and alarm.

sURFN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts