DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question for everyone. I'm thinking about getting a pair headlights for my trep... I'm not going with projectors because I don't think there's anyone that makes a decent set of projectors for the intrepid and I don't have the time to retrofit my own....maybe eventually. Anyway, what would be the best company to go through for some good housings? However, if anyone does happen to know a good dealer that sells a good set of projectors pls let me know. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
There's a big difference in quality out there . I bought a chinese pair for $130 shipped
off E-bay and the light was pretty scattered. Not very impressive.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,861 Posts
Probably the only brand decent for an Intrepid would be Depo. The Headlights and fog lights I bought that were that brand are decent.

·
Registered
744 Posts
They are pretty dismal on ebay. I have thought about putting my old lights back in just to see if I have been living in the dark this past year.

I don't want to sway this thread but I've been very happy with sanding down the yellowed
oe lense untill I get to a 600-800 grit and then hitting them with a good quality clear acrylic enamel.

Just sanding and buffing doesn't leave a good protective film on the lense.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question for everyone. I'm thinking about getting a pair headlights for my trep... I'm not going with projectors because I don't think there's anyone that makes a decent set of projectors for the intrepid and I don't have the time to retrofit my own....maybe eventually. Anyway, what would be the best company to go through for some good housings? However, if anyone does happen to know a good dealer that sells a good set of projectors pls let me know. Thanks everyone!!
Is your goal to get projector housings for their looks, or simply better lighting?

If the latter, I highly recommend the Phillips HIRs (2nd gen now). They put out 1800 lumens vs 1000 on low beam, drawing the same watts. The bulbs are very bright and whiter than halogen.

For high beams, I'm running high efficiency Nighthawk 9005s, also quite an improvement over the OEM long life 9005s.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,861 Posts
Good advice on the HIRs you two.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,861 Posts
I'm guessing the OP was looking for something he could buy and install without modification.?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts