DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Haven't seen that around....Wonder how well the fitting is....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to E.D. website to see if its listed there, no such luck. I am emailing them tonight to see if they still manufacture it or not.Will update this post when I hear back.

Jack

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent the email last night if I don't hear anything today I will call. I am not to fond of the looks either. If the whole hood is fiberglass it wouldn't be hard to open up the center part, but making it functional thats another story. I will update as soon as I hear something.

Jack

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If Im going to pay $500 plus for the hood, It better be ready to paint and bolt on, Im not going to throw out that amount just to fix something that should already be done by the company.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the Extreme Dimensions stuff is supposed to come with a "Glossy black smooth gel coat finish" ready to paint.Just need to scuff it up you know all the prep work.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What is going on with that hood? Is it really something they made or is it Photoshopped?
I agree here. it does look Photoshopped. The lack of gloss/shine/wax on the scoop part as well as the ripples on the sides look like they have been copy/pasted from some other hood or application. There seems to be a noticeable blending issue too that makes this look off to me.

I don't think the product in the photo is real, just a concept that they have yet to produce and are looking for interest in it. It all just seems off to me. Just my take!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well talked with a sales rep on yahoo kinda cool. Said they can swing a 15% discount, so the hood would be $381.65. Also said they are in stock, they may have photoshopped pics for their site. If you got yahoo add askextremed to talk to a rep and tell them you found it cheaper somewhere else. Also asked about making it functional and they said that its been don just need to run ducting through the skeleton of the hood.

·
Registered
780 Posts
see if you can get a weight on one compared to the stock hood.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
What is going on with that hood? Is it really something they made or is it Photoshopped?
/QUOTE]

Dang RCE, you're good.
Thanks for the ego boost! Seems odd that the rep is having a hard time finding pics of that hood. Between that, and the fact that the pic that does exist looks doctored, something sounds shady. I wouldn't be paying that amount of money for that hood, the way it looks now. Add shipping and you're looking at over $500.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts