DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the PCV valve and the hose connected to it because it was idling rough and added Redline fuel injection cleaner into the gas tank of 95 Int. ES. I just bought the valve from Pepboys. It has been running smoothly until this afternoon. After driving for 1/2 hour, the engine sputtered while waiting at a stoplight. The engine light blinked on for a second and the car seemed as if it was going to kill. After the light changed, it ran rough and at the next stoplight 1/4 mile away, it seemed as if it was going to kill again, but it did not. Up until this incident, it seemed to be running just fine.
Do you think the valve I goot from Pebboys is not good? Should I get another one from dealer?
Any ideas as to what could be going on? Appreciate any ideas!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd suspect the fuel injection cleaner before the PCV valve, unless you've now got a big vaccuum leak from installing it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob, how can check if the vaccuum leak is the problem

Thanks Bob. I regularly use redline fuel injector cleaner in my other car without any problems, and it says it is also approved for this car. But the vaccuum leak could be a problem if the aftermarket pcv valve is okay. How can I check the vaccuum leak problem? thanks for your time.
BadBob said:
I'd suspect the fuel injection cleaner before the PCV valve, unless you've now got a big vaccuum leak from installing it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
DIntrepidES95 said:
Thanks Bob. I regularly use redline fuel injector cleaner in my other car without any problems, and it says it is also approved for this car. But the vaccuum leak could be a problem if the aftermarket pcv valve is okay. How can I check the vaccuum leak problem? thanks for your time.
I generally take a can of WD-40 or carb cleaner and spray around any areas I think might be leaking with the engine running. If you hit one with it, you'll usually be able to tell pretty easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts