DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i found a few sites and diagrams beacuse the keyless entry kit that i got only came with a diagram and not any real instructions.

Diagram1
RKE Diagram

is the installation the same as stated on this site?--->Click Here

or what is the easiest way to install this? I looked for a while for instructions on how to install RKE in general but i only found one but i dunno if it is the exact same or not? So if anyone can just tell me where to start. Is this really as hard as it looks? Also is there any other information i need to know before attempting this? where is the Ignition Switch Harness Located? Where Should the Remote Unit be Mounted? ANY HELP at all will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
If the unit is a stand alone RKE without remote start or alarm or anything it should just me a matter of connecting to switched & constant power,ground, and lock/unlock wires. As long as you already have power locks, you shouldn't have to open up the doors like that Toyota installation you have above. You can mount the module under the dash,get the 12v from the fuse panel, connect the ground to the chassis and connect the lock & unlock wires to their respective wires in the plug on the back of the fuse panel and that should be it. I've never done this on a 1g so I'm not sure exactly how everything is set up in the dash but hopefully you get the general idea. I converted my cavalier to power locks and added RKE, put an alarm/rke/remote start in my 2g trep, and a remote start/rke in my dad's ram and the connections are pretty much the same the only difference being where the necessary wires are located.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i now get where all the basic wires go, but where exactly do the ones that say door locks go to....do they go directly to the door or fuse box or where do u think i should put it at?there are like 4 door lock and 4 unlock wires thats why im askin

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok here is the diagram for the rke that i bought RKE MODULE Diagram

Do i need to use the engine Cut off relay thing that it came with?

Can anyone give me a basic step by step on how to do this i have a 97 with factory keyless entry if that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts