DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought you'd all like to see these pics, so I posted them on a special section of my website. Take a look HERE

Here's what she looked like before: Go HERE

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Oh man - I woulda' **** too!!!

:wink: :wink:

Sorry to see this happen, for sure. Obviously the car is totaled - so are you going to make out well with any insurance settlement?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Man, that really sucks. Sorry again. I remember you spending so much time detailing it at the meet. What was the cause of the blaze?

·
Registered
962 Posts
FUBAR!:crazy:

At least you got your Coke and smokes out okay!:biggrin:

·
Registered
286 Posts
DAMN! i feel your pain... i totalled my 1st gen too... sorry to see her go man. :(

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
That hurts to look at! Damn! :crazy:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
That sucks! Looks like you K&N Filter might be okay. It looks like the fire came from the back of the engine, or atleast thats the hot spot of it. Hot enough to melt the throttle body :mg:!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gazetowardthesky said:
so umm.... whats for sale? (just kidding)
Actually, that may become a reality. I really wish the leather front seats weren't destroyed, but I guess that's life. Anyway, I can get the car at the salvage price of $100, plus they'll still credit my tax if I replace the car within 30 days. As it stands right now, I have a loan balance of ~$6000, and I'm only going to get $4150 toward it. At this point, I'm not absolutely sure what caused the fire, but I suspect that it has something to do with that fuel rail recall. I have my insurance company looking into it right now, so we'll see. Now, my insurance states that they will go after Chrysler and if they succeed, they will pay my deductible and try to recoup the cost of the vehicle. I think I can get more than $4150, since the car had every option except the sunroof. I mean, the leather seats have to be worth something, right? I'll see what else I can haggle out of them, but needless to say, I will have quite a few items for sale very soon.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FunkRider said:
That sucks! Looks like you K&N Filter might be okay. It looks like the fire came from the back of the engine, or atleast thats the hot spot of it. Hot enough to melt the throttle body :mg:!
You noticed that too? Does anyone know if that is where this so-called "Fuel Rail" is located?

In that picture above, the pipe running parallel with the intake had a braided hose around it and was the first thing I noticed on fire. Then, I noticed the lower part of the engine on the drivers side was flaring up. We closed the hood immediately, but obviously, too much oxygen had already reached it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts