DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im In Class Today {lincoln Tech} And This Guy Mentions This Jet Chip To This Other Dude And He's Like Yea It'll Add 75-100+ Hp To The Engine....is This True Because Im Lookin At The Website For Them And Im Going To Buy One If It Is True....

Plus I Was Lookin At This Other Chip That Says "fuel Saving Chip" Does That Work Too If Anybody Has It....o,and Could It Be Possible To Put Both Chips In At The Same Time???lls....cuz I Wanna Save Gas And Be Able To Do 100+ Mph Easily...

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
JET CHIPS ARE A BIG RIP OFF. I had one and it dynoed less hp like -12 hp less. Want to get more power, get dyno tuning. Want more mpg, get a good tune. And keep tires 35+ psi or so. And drive like a grandpa on take offs, and keep it at or under the speed limit.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
They are CRAP. Search ebay and read the people who sell them's feedback.

There are a **** ton of threads here about them if you use the search feature.

Punctuation and not capitalizing every word would be a plus too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL...BUT IT SAYS...Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides power gains across the entire power band-not just at full throttle. Point by point air/fuel ratio, ignition advance and various other tuning points provide performance gains of up to 25 horsepower. Improves throttle response, acceleration and low end torque. Simple, plug-in installation in less than 30 minutes. Available in Stage 1 and Stage 2.

DYNO TUNING IS ALREADY APART OF IT...WHAT KIND OF INTREPID DID U HAVE???A 1ST GEN OR 2ND???...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are CRAP. Search ebay and read the people who sell them's feedback.

There are a **** ton of threads here about them if you use the search feature.

Punctuation and not capitalizing every word would be a plus too.
LOL...I DIDNT KNOW ANYBODY COULD SEE THAT...EVERYTIME I SEE IT IT'S NOT EVEN IN ALL CAPS...BUT MY PNCTUATION AND CAPITALIZATION CANT BE THAT BAD...I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN STILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYIN QUITE CLEAR SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER...ISNT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE GRADING A TERM PAPER OR ANYTHING...BUT ILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO...

happy?

·
Registered
931 Posts
The key words are UP TO 25 HP..... that means you could gain 1 HP, and you couldn't return it because the met their claim. It's a load of bullshit.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
LOL...I DIDNT KNOW ANYBODY COULD SEE THAT...EVERYTIME I SEE IT IT'S NOT EVEN IN ALL CAPS...BUT MY PNCTUATION AND CAPITALIZATION CANT BE THAT BAD...I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN STILL UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYIN QUITE CLEAR SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER...ISNT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE GRADING A TERM PAPER OR ANYTHING...BUT ILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO...

happy?
Its A Pain In The Ass To Read A Post In All Caps Or With The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized And No Punctuation We Are Not TRYING TO GRADE YOU LIKE YOU ARE WRITING A TERM PAPER BUT ITS VERY HARD TO READ WITH NO PUNCTUATION, ALL CAPS AND ITS A BIG PET PEEVE...AT LEAST YOU USE SOME ...'S SOME DONT USE Any Punctuation At All

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay! I got you, lol.
All of the replies in the search post was old like 5years im preety sure they made some improvements because one post i read they didn't even really make chips for the intrepid now they do and another thing i noticed was that alot of the people who had chips on here in 2003 installed them thereselves and now you have to send them your pcm (i think thats what it's called) and they will do it for you.

i'll hold out for a while tho,to wait to see how the newer one's re-act...

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,763 Posts
Sending the PCM out for an upgrade is one thing... But those crap chips are not even "chips" they are just a resistor put in the IAT sensor circuit to fool the computer into thinking the engine is cold all the time; although it does improve things marginally if at all (on some vehicles) more often than not they are bad for your fuel and emissions systems. They are a total rip. We would all be speed demon millionaires if a .50 resistor from Radio Shack gave our cars 75HP. They sell them for $9 or more so thats a hell of a profit!!

There are some real speed chips and plug ins that are out there, dont think there are any for our cars. They cost $300-$400 or more and actually work, but its not 75HP.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You only got 50 more hp? You must have done something wrong. My brother put one in his car, and it got 250 more hp and he has to stop every twelve miles and drain the gas tank or else it will rupture as it over-fills. And it was a Yugo, not even an Intrepid. He just put the chip in the ash tray, he didn't empty it or anything and bingo! More power and less fuel. Its the dynamic spectrum tuning, that stuff is too much!

Sorry, I couldn't even type that without cracking up.

Jim Snover

Dude, I put a Jet Chip in my car and got like 50+ hp. Buy it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
when I installed it in my car I got 100hp and I drove to texas and back three times on a single tank of gas. Oh and I also beat tooch's 911 in a race.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
when I installed it in my car I got 100hp and I drove to texas and back three times on a single tank of gas. Oh and I also beat tooch's 911 in a race.
lol. Yah, I was just being a sarcastic a-hole. I couldn't help it. If he wants to believe his buddy at work and buy one, then more power to him. He'll have to find out the hard way. haha

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
lol. Yah, I was just being a sarcastic a-hole. I couldn't help it. If he wants to believe his buddy at work and buy one, then more power to him. He'll have to find out the hard way. haha
how dare you burst my bubble! I was dreaming of my intrepid out running your 911!

·
Registered
484 Posts
how dare you burst my bubble! I was dreaming of my intrepid out running your 911!
My Intrepid can out 'do' his 911...EASY

All hes got on me is the drug speed. And maybe a few less pounds, thats about it.

Ill let him get places then Ill bring the party. OUT DONE

1 - 20 of 39 Posts