DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a few IM's from people on my buddy list that said "this was cool check it out" I disregaurded it, when it came from several different people at the same exact time. Well, I get some IM's from other people saying that they got alot of IM's from me saying that same thing... I ran My Antivirus, (Etrust) Ad-Aware, and Pest Patrol and nothing came up... I want the problem fixed, but dont know where to start... Suggestions?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I got that same message from someone on here by the name of indafastlane04. I know that screenname belongs to someone on here.

My guess is that a BOT scanned thru all the screennames on DI.NET and then started randomly IM'ing users using other user's screennames. I was using my AIM on my cell phone at the time, so the link didn't show up for me, just the words "this was cool check it out".

·
Registered
9,831 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, thats me... lol... your on my buddy list, from when I tried to upload that video of the Sable, remember? Well, I dont know what happened but it sent numerous messages to EVERYONE on my buddy list... I did a search and came up with this:AIM FIX
It seems to have fixed it so, everyone who has AIM should use it...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
E8502 said:
Hum... That's why it's good not to post your screen names on the forum part of the site.
This is why your smart and think before you click links.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yea... did you know the standard AOL Instant Messenger comes with spyware? Go to your control panel and add/remove programs and look for "viewpoint media player". Its spyware, and you can delete it, but it has the ability to re-install itself when you restart AIM. Go download GAIM or Trillian and delete the spyware and AIM to fix this problem...

-Brandon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
yeah.. I personally hate trillian, soo unstable.. thats why I used GAIM for years... until I got my Mac, and my windows computer became a gaming computer only because it was too hard to deal with a windows computer on the internet... :p

-Brandon

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Any peice of software from AOL is garbage, period.

·
Registered
589 Posts
97IntrepidES said:
what is GAIM?

i believe GAIM is one of those massive multiple internet messengers that contains AIM, MSN, Yahoo and ICQ into 1 program allowing you to access all 4 at the same time... but I could be wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts