DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 Intrepid...airbag light comes on at startup like it's supposed to, goes out for 8 seconds, and then back on steady. Last month it would go out after a minute or two and stay out, but now it's on steady. I tried checking fuses and disconnecting battery for a day, but something is wrong. Anyone able to give me some likely "fixes"?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Take it to the dealer or your mechanic.. something is wrong with one of the airbags.. & so if u let it go, get into an accident.. well.. sure one of them wouldn't work! or both! get it checked out asap.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
yea.. .mine is staying on steady too
don't wanna foot the $50 for a diagnostic right now...
I am have been driving for the last 5 years on old '80's cars without airbags. I think I can go for 2 months till I can get some spendable summer job income to get it looked at/fixed......

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
get that looked at by the dealer. yes, if you got in a wreck they might not go off, but conversely, they might go off by themselves. not something i'd want to have happen.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Picture this, your cruisin on the interstate/highway/freeway or what not, and whap, at what seems like 150 mph your airbag pops out and stuns ya, right when your taking a turn, not the sort of thing that wuold make my day, specially when its a few grand to replace an airbag/steering wheel or 3k or so for the dash airbag:cry: :mg:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
$$$$
summer is coming up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts