DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Bought my car back in November, when I got in it the blower didnt work and the air bag light stayed ON. Then, after running for about 5 mins everything worked OK and the air bag light went OFF. The other day I started my car with the parking lights ON and the air bag light stayed ON and the ac/heater controls/blower does not work at all. Nothing on the ac/heating controls panel work. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what was the sollution.. jk

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Check all your fuses.

Check the Body Control Module or BCM. Make sure the connection to the BCM is solid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked all the fuses,all good.What is the Body Control Module,or where is it located? RC

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
jkyu55 said:
Checked all the fuses,all good.What is the Body Control Module,or where is it located? RC
Here some info :

Body Control Module
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

See Figure 1

Fig. 1: The body control module is mounted on the vehicle with a push pin and mounting screws

The body control module is located on the passengers side under the dash.

Remove the right end cover.

Remove the right cowl side trim panel and pull the carpeting back, exposing the dash liner.

Cut dash liner along the perforated lines and pull the dash liner back.

Remove the screw through the oblong access hole at the right end of the knee blocker.

Remove the push-in fastener at the lower leg of the module from underneath the instrument panel and maneuver the module down and out.

Disconnect the wires on the body control module, then remove the unit from the vehicle.

To install:

Attach the wiring to the control module.

Install the module and the push-in fastener.

Install the screw through the oblong access hole at the right end of the knee blocker and tighten.

Place the dash liner into position.

Lay the carpeting back into place. Install the right cowl side trim panel.

Install the right end cover.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Anytime the Airbag light comes on, I strongly reccomed you take it to the dealer so they can scan the airbag computer to see exactily what the problem is. If there is something wrong with the airbag system it could set of the airbags at anytime or not work in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What mine does

Do you have a remote starter?

sometimes, if it is not installed properly, remote starters can mess with the airbag light.

Mine stays on if, I remote start the car.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
jkyu55 said:
Hi everyone! Bought my car back in November, when I got in it the blower didnt work and the air bag light stayed ON. Then, after running for about 5 mins everything worked OK and the air bag light went OFF. The other day I started my car with the parking lights ON and the air bag light stayed ON and the ac/heater controls/blower does not work at all. Nothing on the ac/heating controls panel work. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what was the sollution.. jk
This could be your ignition switch. When Air bag light comes on and blower stops, try wiggling the key within the run position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts