DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my A/C on, and try an move the airflow to the mid level vents, the ones that are adjustable and can hit you in the face, the air will not switch to the mid level vents. At best the air only cycles between the floor and the defroster, or any combinations thereof. Any suggestions?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,363 Posts
ATC or MTC controls? There's a diagnostic function for both of them as 00r/t pointed out. If not..do a search and check for the 2002 FSM and download it. If you don't have clue on anything I've said...it's possibly a blend door actuator and you should go to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MTC controls. When I ran the Daignostics test, I got no codes that showed up. And the blend doors started working again. At least temporarily... This is the third time this has happened....

·
Woober Goobers!
50,363 Posts
What year is your car? It's possible a bad connection for the power or ground for that particular actuator. Is it always that mode that fails or has it been another one like the floor mode didn't work in the past? If it's always the same actuator then it could be the actuator. Also could be the BCM or the MTC head. With the year I can provide you with the mode door wirng pins so you can look there. I've got all the paper FSMs from 1998-2004

1 - 8 of 8 Posts