DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

I bought this little fella in prep for 100k maint. I had been planning on a 30 gallon portable unit, but this went on sale and I couldn't pass it up. I also couldn't justify the cost and space required for a stationary 60+gal unit when I would never use it's full ability.

It has performed very well. The only time it has had any trouble is when I was using a die grinder with stone to grind off a seat belt anchor rivet. After continuous grinding I would have to stop and let it refill the tank. That was an out of the ordinary task that was outside the scope of what I bought the unit for though. It did get the job done

·
Registered
13,702 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Guys any thoughts on this one??

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-compressors/25-hp-21-gallon-120-volt-125-psi-cast-iron-vertical-air-compressor-67847.html

With 20 % off.

House hold use, blow outs, tire inflation, toy inflation, lug nuts, some wrenching, not likely for spray painting.
The biggest value seemed to be at the 30/33 gallon mark. You can find lots of those for good deals and they are a really common size that is good enough for almost everyone's home use.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Diggin the ceiling installation! I've been wanting to get a compressor for a long time. Right now I'm not even going to post what I've got sufficient to say it will pump up a tire and run a die grinder for about 2 seconds...:glum: Great idea! Daisy Chain a whole bunch of $60 compressors to one line.....:hit1:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Well i scored today at HF when i went in to get a smaller 17 gallon compressor that they ended up not having in stock so the guy gave me the 26 gallon for the sale price on the 17 so for under so for under $200 i finally have air again. :woot:

Picked up a new 50 foot pvc 3/8s hose also while i was there.

Still need a good filter setup for an oilless compressor anyone have a suggestion on a good one?

http://www.harborfreight.com/18-horsepower-26-gallon-150-psi-oilless-air-compressor-68067.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/50-ft-x-3-8-eighth-inch-pvc-air-hose-91527.html

·
Registered
13,702 Posts

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Mouse over image to zoom

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
NEW!! - ARO 3/8 AIR FILTER & REGULATOR & LUBRICATOR & GAUGE SET Ingersoll Rand

Seller information
ehofer1 (1267 Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
100% Positive feedback
Save this seller
See other items

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That is one serious regulator/filter combo.

I didn't go that route because I use my compressor setup for painting. Filling the airlines with oil is kind of a no no for paint. I have in line oilers that I put on the end of the lines at the tools and just the regulator/moisture filter half of what you have at the compressor.

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
That is one serious regulator/filter combo.

I didn't go that route because I use my compressor setup for painting. Filling the airlines with oil is kind of a no no for paint. I have in line oilers that I put on the end of the lines at the tools and just the regulator/moisture filter half of what you have at the compressor.
Just received them this afternoon-VERY SERIOUS SETUP!! Getting a second set for future use.....

Huge difference between these and Harbor Freight or any I have seen in the box stores or auto parts stores. Very heavy made to last.

·
Registered
13,702 Posts
Finally got these plumbed from my cellar out to the garage. Silence is golden LOL!

My foundation wall is over 14 inches concrete, had a bird at the Depot paying over $30.00 for a 3/4 x 18 SDS masonry bit LOL.

My son borrowed a Hilti SDS from work. 4 or 5 minutes through the 14 inch basement wall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks man! We jsut got it in a few days ago too, Soon we're getting a concrete floor poured in. Dad has like 5 spray guns, 2 for primer, 2 for paint and one for clar. His clear gun was $900 -.- lol

21 - 40 of 46 Posts