DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told recently by a family member that worked at a Dodge dealership that alot of Intrepids come in for service on thier air conditioners because the newer type refrigerant used in the Intrepids is corrosive and tends to eat up the condenser, lines, etc. Has anybody experienced this? Has anybodys airconditioner gone bad say within the first few years? Was wondering. I know my 2001 Intrepid doesn't blow really cold as it should.:confused:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Yeah that's right it's the refridgerants fault... I know it's technologically impossible to use material that won't corrode. If Dodge can't do it I am sure it can't be done.

Sarcasm aside my car 2001 never had really good A/C... it takes a long time for the car to get cold.

I am sure you are doing this but be sure to select the position that recirculates air in the car. There are two of them to the far left on the heating/ac control dial. If I select any option that draws outside air my car never gets cold.

·
Registered
120 Posts
mine was blowing real cold when i first got it in Jan but now its warm air. Gonna have it checked, But also I always see that they are selling condensers for the treps on ebay... which proves they have problems alot

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know refrigerant is corrosive, but the new stuff..(R34?) is suppossed to be even more so...so was wondering how long before I have problems? By the way, I always make sure i run the AC every so often, even in the winter to make sure the seals stay lubricated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts