DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So one day my air is cooling fine, the next it's not getting cold enough. I take it to the dealership, they drain it, refill it with R134A and dye. 89 bucks later I had to take it back the next day. They call me back tell me it's a blockage in the H valve. Then he lists parts that they need to replace including the drier, $507 to repair. Hmmm.... ok, thinking logically like I always do, I say if the blockage is in the H valve and you're positive since you hooked it to a computer why can't you just replace the H valve? Silence for about 5 seconds then he says well the system is probably contaminated now and there may be more than that one blockage floating around and we can't guarantee the work if we just replace the valve so they dont want to work on it unless I replace all the parts. Along with vacuuming out the system and refilling it. So I'm like, well let me think about it and I went to pick up the car. He says to me before I get in to drive off, well it's working for right now and getting pretty cold but it's only a matter of time before the blockage builds up again and then the pressure builds up before it blows your air conditioner valve, leaks all your R134A and then you wont have any air at all. And I'm like hmmm... ok, have a great night.

This was last friday (5-13) and it's Tuesday and the air is cooling just fine.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
366 Posts
My guess is that they were overreacting and wanted your money, but that is coming from someone who thinks most mechs are crooks. I think that if you get the same problem again that you might consider blockage, but in the mean time, keep the $507. If it's burning a hole in your pocket, you can always buy me some wheels :)

·
Premium Member
16,753 Posts
rplate - signature said:
I was just checkin the ah, specs on the end line for the rotory...girder I'm retarded.
rplate - I just gotta ask what that statement in your signature is all about. :icon_ques

·
Registered
366 Posts
peva said:
rplate - I just gotta ask what that statement in your signature is all about. :icon_ques
Haha, that's probably my favorite line from the movie Tommy Boy with Chris Farley. Probably one of my favorite comedies, next to Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts