DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know virtually nothing about my 95 intrepid. Its 3.5 liter, and i would like to get a little more performance out of it. I hear a lot of people saying buy a K&N filter or get an intake. If i get an intake does that replace the filter? I'm so clueless! Are there any other mods i could make that are inexpensive? I already cleaned that air Idle thing and took out my air restrictor. thanks for helping my dumbass out. I will continue reading the forums and try to understand.

jessi

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for clearing that up! Now my question is, which one should i get? A K&N filter or an intake? I'm not going to mod this car to the moon. I just want it to drive nice, and eventually i will get a new one, i just feel its getting a bit sluggish and i want it to be responsive and all. Any advice? will a filter or intake even be worth it for what i want?

·
9,861 Posts
Just depends on what your budget is.

The only real intake that fits 1st gens is the Spectre Civic intake that I have. It should only be $40 w/o a filter. You will probably have to buy a K&N cone filter else where. At least my local autozone didnt seem to carry the k&n cone filters. Just oem replacements, and no name crappy cone filters.

An intake like that will be less restrictive (more surface area on a cone filter. No tiny hole to suck air out of.). But you will get warmer air, unless you fabricate a heat sheild.

·
Registered
564 Posts
yes generally speaking...or you could just do a K&N or Amsoil drop in filter...

·
9,861 Posts
Kevin50187 said:
Does the size of the cone K&N matter? Bigger the better?
You just asked that on a different thread.

Next time please make your own thread. Try not to reply to old threads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts