DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
Is the OEM one a paper one? If so, is it different than the standard OEM paper filter, i.e., is it less restrictive and lets more particles thru than the standard paper filter for a slight performance increase?

The downside of the oiled filters is having to clean, dry, and re-oil - a bit more trouble than swapping a paper filter less frequently. If you clean them frequently (a lot more frequently than you'd have to change a paper filter to keep the filtering effective), it would stop more and finer dirt, but if you don't clean them often, they let much more dirt go thru. If you drive in agricultural or mining areas (dirt accumulates quickly and dries up the oil, either clogs or lets more dirt thru, or both), could be a problem, but if not in agricultural or mining area, it won't do any noticeanlble harm to the engine over its normal life.

·
Registered
95 Intrepid ES 3.5 & 99 300M
2,284 Posts
That Mopar filter is the OEM filter for the vehicle. It is one of the paper filters, but it has been oiled at the factory. I use one in my 1999 300M... and honestly I really like that it gets dirty faster than any other filter I've used... It tells me that it's actually filtering!

·
Premium Member
17,492 Posts
That Mopar filter is the OEM filter for the vehicle. It is one of the paper filters, but it has been oiled at the factory. I use one in my 1999 300M... and honestly I really like that it gets dirty faster than any other filter I've used... It tells me that it's actually filtering!
That factory filter is paper and it is oiled?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts