DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.
I have a remote starter for my car that says in roman numerals I and II.
I also have a remote for the locks on the doors and to pop the trunk.
Now say I were to press the unlock button on the remote, or even open the doors if the doors are already unlocked, My lights on the dash, radio lights, headlights, brake lights, everything starts to go click click/on and off and I can start the car.
But whenever I press and hold (I) on the remote starter, the clicking will stop and I cant start the car.
If I press (II) it just starts the car.
How do I make it so that I don't have to do this anymore.
There's a switch in the box next to the steering wheel which you can only access when you open the driver's door.
I was told to flip the switch and it will stop but that didn't work.
If you've got an answer for me then thanks a bunch.

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
If I were you I would go to the place where you had the system installed and ask them a few questions or atleast figure out what kind of system it is and try use the internet to find some FAQ's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All it says on the remote is autostart.
And I don't know which company it was.
I bought the car off of my uncle and the person before him either got it installed or it came with the car off the lot. My uncle did say though that he got the alarm disabled because it kept going off. The horn that is.
It reset when I disconnected the battery.
I never had to do anything with the remote until I disconnected the battery, then the headlights, brake lights, you can hear a clicking noise when in the car, lights on the radio all started to flash on and off. I need to make it so I can just get in without this happening anymore.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
It happens to my moms vechile heres what she told me hope this makes sense.

If you lock car with the push button to get into the car you have to use the push button
If you lock car with the locks inside ten you hav to use the inside/key to unlock it.

The reason your car is doing this is because you locked the inside with your hands/ auto button inside and then you tried to get in with the push button.

To make this stop working get out of your car and hit the lock button on the push button like 5 times then press the unlock button 5 times on both remorts and get in, this should slove the problem.

I dont know how anything about this as I had mine installed by best buy but this is what she said.

believe it or not my vechile use to start without me pressing the remote all the time. I took it back to best buy and they gave me a brand new one no repecit and no questions asked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opened the door.
Popped the fuse box and there was an override switch there.
Turned the key to on, waited for the lights to go off, about 5 seconds.
Then I flipped the switch and took the key out.
Been a day it hasen't happened.
Got a big smile on my face :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts