DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I got rid of the trep, but I'd still like to get some of you guys' opinions.

Basically, all the Strat R/Ts have a factory alarm, but none have an LED in the dash. However, one of the guys on 2gstratus.org made a how-to on wiring one up, but when I finally got around to going to Radioshack to get the parts it turns out that they discontinuesd 3 of the parts needed. So I did some searching and actually found some on Ebay, but dont know what to get. They make the ones with 5leds that scan back and forth that might look kind of cool, but then again, is it going to look ghetto/fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=14934

Or should I just stick with a single LED setup and keep it looking more factory? And since most factory LEDs are red, should i stick with that color, or maybe go with blue?

Throw in your 2 cents - I'd like to know what everyone else thinks

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
While I do believe that an alarm status LED is a good deterent in many instances against non serious thieves I also see it as an attention getter. In other words they can attrack attention to an otherwise non attractive car. The fancier you get with your LEDs, the more you lean towards the attraction getter rather than a deterent IMHO. If you're going to add an LED, I'd be very simply and add a flashing red one in an obvious location...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts