DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the story... I wanted to steal Dan's wheels when I saw them on his Gomango trep (figuritively, not literally) lol. So I waited and waited... and on craiglist I saw a set of charger rt 18's for 100 bucks.

They were in rough shape, clearcoat peel and michigan winters had taken their toll on these 30,000mile wheels.

Not pictured... but I cleaned all 4 with degreaser and a coarse brush and sent them off to Jake to get painted. I won't tell you exactly what color they're getting painted, but let's just say I'm sticking with the white and black theme for my car.

Jake shipped them off for sandblasting and his guy does amazing work, the wheels look almost brand new and they are just bare aluminum!

He then added aluminum reinforced filler to the face of the wheel where there were a few small nicks and gouges (not on the lip, I sanded the curb rash down on the lips and they look pretty damn good). He also sanded them down a bit because they are still too coarse for paint after sandblasting.

Then Epoxy black primer for durability...

And finally, I lucked out like a SOB today. Last night while browsing craigslist, I found a set of almost new 2011 ford mustang take off tires. Pirelli PZero Nero 235/50/18 all seasons with 300 miles on them! Stole those @ 200 bucks for the set :D They still have the nubs on them and an awesome tread pattern.

more updates as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those wheels look amazing are they painted in the last two pics or just blasted?

Nice deal on the tires to.
just black epoxy primered lol, no paint on them yet, but that's why I send stuff over Jake's way, he does awesome work!

first 2 pics, blasted... second 2 pics, sanded down and filled... third 2 pics, epoxy primer

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Daaaaaaaamn Ali, those are going to be some nice wheels, best part by far is the price!! Can't wait to see this done :D

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
whats the going rate on refinishing wheels now a days?,, there looking very nice.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
The florescent pink is going to look sooooo gooood!

Oooooppppssssss....... soory...........
now you let the cat out of the bag
hes has to go with neon green now, with black flowers

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
More updates sorry I can't type paragraphs because I'm on my phone but...

Above is just pw1, down below is pw1 with 2 coats of gold pearl. Real subtle.

Awaiting 1 more coat of clear, Jake is the man!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
charger wheels FTW!!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats the going rate on refinishing wheels now a days?,, there looking very nice.
Bout 160 for blasting, and around 300 for paint

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol thanks guys, I'm excited :D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
You are doing those rims RIGHT. Can't beat the price when you & Jake are done. You can have my car in the summer, I'll take yours... HEHE

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are doing those rims RIGHT. Can't beat the price when you & Jake are done. You can have my car in the summer, I'll take yours... HEHE

Lol ill keep mine thanks :p

Yeah the hassle of a cheap shitty job isnt worth saving money, I'd rather do it once and once only and enjoy :)

Thank you all

1 - 20 of 75 Posts