·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i had a little free time on my hands

·
Registered
415 Posts
Be warned!! Those washer nozzles are falsely advertised, at least for the first gens! Remember that the spray comes from the wiper itself, not from the hood. I guess, if you were taleneted enough you could re-wire it and drill holes in the hood. I myself bought a pair of silver ones, ran outside to put them in, and said awww **** and had the I'm a total dumbass look on my face.

I also own one of the steel air filters from tradesonic. They don't fit inside the stock accordian hose well, so I had to use packaging tape to secure it. You can see it here:

It was cheaper than the K&N's and takes in more CFM than them, but are the K&N cone's empty in the middle or do they have some kind of paper filtering? This is all steel filtering with nothing in them middle.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On my '97, it had nozzles on the hood.

and

wheres yer battery?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thrasher - 93-97 had the battery on the other side of the car .

Starscream -they did put washer jets on the hood of 1st gen LH cars. If I can remember back it was some time in 96. Also your air filter is sucking all the hot air from inside the engine compartment.If you really want to make it run better you have to put that filter in the fresh cool air and away from the engine heat. Thats why the stock airbox uses that fender pick-up.

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: ottowrkr ]

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
My washer nozzels are on the hood.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That 2001+ headlamp doesn't look like it's for the Intrepid. It looks like it's for the new Stratus sedan. Take a look at your headlamps on your 2nd gen Intrepid, folks. It's much different!! Hope someone doesn't buy it thinking it will fit on their Intrepid. :eek:

·
Registered
415 Posts
About the cone air filters sucking in hot air - The head mechanic at the local speed shop told me the same thing. He said you actually loose HP because they suck in hot air from the engine, and they are for looks. He said that I should get a k&n drop in for the stock air box and I would be in better shape. Now that ottowkr said the same, i think I'll run by autozone today and get a k&n drop in. Has anyone actually tested the cone filters on the dyno vs a k&n drop in on their stock air boxes? I would think since the cones suck in much more air it would nullify the heat problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought a pair of the lighted nozzle lights and installed the on my car, they look alright have to wait until nighttime to really see if I will keep them on or not.. The ones I bought are blue, I have blue lights on my license plate also..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts