DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So anyhow Im taking a left hand turn and I dont know if this pos ran the light in his red truck or what but he almost wipes out the whole side of my car....I wave to him to go ahead and he does..No bid deal right?? Well next this asshole locks his brakes in front of me and then goes to get out of his truck so I go around him.He shuts his door and floors it swirving at me completely forcing me all the way into the left lane.Enough of this **** I FLOOR it screeming past him and I pull into the right lane......Cool right..Nope...Now Im doing 70+ with a 4way intersection ahead and Ive got the red light.Cant stop in time no way,cant turn right too tight and there was a vehicle pulling out so I couldnt run the light.My only option was to dive left fast enough to avoid the oncoming car so I did and I avoided the car.Pulled in a driveway fast enough to turn around and pull back trying to get this assholes plate # but hes already gone and now its just me and this camry I cut off.He gets out of his vehicle and I try to explain what happened,guy doesnt want to listen and Im thinking I try to avoid 1 fight and I get in another what are the odds????Well what happens next blows my mind. He pulls out a badge flashing it real quick (in wallet) says hes taking my plate running my **** and he will look for me later. WTF this asshole didnt listen to a ****ing work I said.Yes he wasnt in uniform but he braught up the whole driving is a privilage bs and all that good ****. My intrepid is worth a lot more to me then to risk it ****ing around like some stupid kid.I wasnt speeding for shits and giggles.I wasnt racing or some other bullshit. I was trying to get out of a lane I was forced into, If this ****ing pig pulls some bullshit on me later because he doesnt have the patience to listen to what and who the real problem was I dont even know. I find the ****er in that truck hes going to find out the differance between kindness and weakness.

Sorry if its hard to read,my pulse is still threw the roof.

I dont even want to take the car out of the driveway anymore,knowing the next cruiser could be waiting to **** up my day/week/month/year.I think Ill go find my car cover.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starnerf said:
Did you ask him if he heard the screeching? Assuming that one of you screeched when flooring it...
He didnt want to hear it,I know I left tracks on the ground,I remember her jerking when I got traction.If the shitbag ****ing listened I could have showed him. Im starting to wonder if he was really a cop though.If he was then that was one unprofessional asshole that I can not believe my tax dollars are paying his bills.Shame on him, what I think is worse is that if he was an off duty cop there is still no way he should have let me go.He didnt ask to see no info on the car or me.If he truly thought I was pulling that story out of my ass he should have made the call,every cop has a cell.I wasnt going anywhere,I believed he was a cop and wanted him to listen so maybe that would catch the **** that swerved at me forcing me into that lane.If I didnt react the way I did either my car would be trashed or even worse after I got around him I could have hit somebody else.

Im still scared shitless he was a cop and Im going to be Hunted like Bin Laden on Sept 12. You wouldnt believe the **** cops can get away with,they can charge you with whatever they want because after they do its up to you to prove them wrong.

If funny in a thread earlier I hypothetically mentioned my trep getting totaled and after asked god not to let it happen...knock on wood.
Maybe he listened....so heres a second request

Dear god please let that turd not be a cop who will hunt me till he ****s me over!!!!
:smilie_re :giveup: :anon:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vegas Trep 00 said:
i dunno about this pigs always win
I hear you there. I know there are good cops out there but the few shitbags also lead me to say **** cops.I know a few and Im friends with a couple(not in this state damn it) but still **** them.They need a refresher course on the fact that they are public servants and nothing more.

I just cant imagine a cop being that pissed and allowing me to leave even if he is off duty.The only way that adds up is if hes just a lazy ****ing slob.
I make it a point not to drive like a dick and bring attention to myself,that way I dont get screwed on my blacked out tails and other mods coming in the future that technically you can get dinged on.

If he is a cop when he runs the plates and they come up as Vet tags he will realize maybe I should have listened.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Damn, this sounds a lot like what happened to me years ago when I was 15 and had just gotten my drivers license. I was driving along a four lane stretch going 45 (the speed limit) and decided to get in the left lane. I signaled and went, checking my mirrors and looked over my shoulder and sure enough this Camaro came screaming up probably going 60 and I inadvertently cut him off. I then got back into the right lane to let him pass and he followed me. So I took the next right turn I could and he continued to follow me. So I started winding thorough a few streets and down a couple alleys and I couldn’t shake him (since he was in a Camaro and I was in an 87 cutlass) so I pulled over in a hotel parking lot. As he got out he put something on his driver’s seat and then gestured for me to get out of the car, which I did. He then said he was an off duty cop and took down my license information saying that I cut him off and then nearly ran over three kids and would probably be arrested for reckless driving. I followed him after that and he did go in the direction of the sheriffs office, but of course the police never came to even get my side of the story because they probably told him that he shouldn’t engage people in pursuits and impersonate police officers when he gave them my info. So I’m sure you’ll be fine, and if an on duty cop comes to get your side of the story I still doubt you’ll be in trouble either.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
the common idea is to spead up to pass a poor driver but if they're drunk that usually just pisses them off and they dick with you. I'm not gonna sit here and preach to you about what you should have done as you've probably played the scenario over and over in your head a thousand times since it happend and know exactly what you should have done i'm just gonna say good luck and glad you're not hurt.

·
Registered
467 Posts
if you have a different car/can trade a friend who doesn't live in that town for a few days, do it.

give it a week or two, and it'll all blow over. he may recognize the car later, but he'll be over his high-horse attitude by then, someone else will have gotten the brunt of his anger.

that being said, it wasn't the best way to resolve the situation with the guy in the truck on your part.

Reactions: r0meo021

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Archael said:
the common idea is to spead up to pass a poor driver but if they're drunk that usually just pisses them off and they dick with you. I'm not gonna sit here and preach to you about what you should have done as you've probably played the scenario over and over in your head a thousand times since it happend and know exactly what you should have done i'm just gonna say good luck and glad you're not hurt.
I understand what you saying but the poor driver almost clips me,then he stops to get out.Now I got my brother in the car and I just wasnt in the mood for this guy.Even if he was twice my size my brother is a TANK.So I went to go around him.When somebody is in front of me and they appear to be impared for whatever reason Ill give them there space.

As far as the Cop,I dont think he can do ****.If he tries some bullshit Ive already reported the nights events to the PD and they didnt really give a rats ass.If he is a real cop and pulls me over Ill just request State PD and that will put a end to his BS.

Im just glad nobody was hurt and my baby is ok,when he swirved it wasnt like a warning/joke it was close.

I would like to hear what you would have done if you think I put myself in that position. Now keep in mind putting this asshole truck driver in a bodybag was what I was trying to avoid.It was either Fight or go around and one thing is for sure.It wouldnt have ended with either of us going home last night if a fight broke outl.

·
Registered
646 Posts
If I was in given situation, I would ask the person saying hes a cop if I can please see his badge more carefully so I can take down his badge number, and if he tells you no, then you take his license plate number and you call the cops, because in law it states that a police officer HAS to give you his badge number if you want it. Besides on the polite side of things it has their name and you can say that you want his name so you know who you dealt with, for your records. Don't ever worry about an officer threatening you, you have certain rights too, and you can always fight it.

J

·
0 Posts
It was no cop.

If it was, he coulda arrested you or dealt with you right then and there.
Held you, called for backup, whatever. On duty, Off Duty, cops are legally sanctioned to do this. They swore to it.

He's probably scared to go out too, thinking you got his plate and will be calling it in for "impersonating a police officer."

Just my $0.50, my uncle (County cop) told me to write this.

J

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah, and **** the police. Never around when you need them. (Uncle is not lookin'. :) )
My friend called the cops when his house was being broken into (with him in it) and it took them 25 minutes to show up. 911 records show the delay. He sued the town and received $275,000, new door (that they broke IN) and new window (they broke OUT.)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JE.Electronics said:
It was no cop.

Held you, called for backup, whatever. On duty, Off Duty, cops are legally sanctioned to do this. They swore to it.

He's probably scared to go out too, thinking you got his plate and will be calling it in for "impersonating a police officer."

Thank you for the reply, thats along the lines of what I was thinking and wasnt sure!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Dont worry it happened to me b4. I pulled in a parking lot in my Tbrid doing a fishtail....cop off duty blocked me in and started swearing and ****,,,then was like I am gona have every Cop in windsor after your car!
3 years later new nothing other than two tickets last week in the LHS...wrong place wrong time kinda deal....rolling stops god!

Jay

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well like I said before when I called the station they didnt even seem to give a rats ass so the hell with the car cover,Im just going to drive like I do every day just out and about loven the trep.

·
Registered
646 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
You said something about calling State Police, what do you mean? If your uncomfortable with a city cop there you have the ability to call a state trooper? Hoping there no worse?
I dunno I've found Ingahm country police officers and state police officers to be much nicer then my local good for nothing cat ****ers. And I'm sure anyone who knows williamstons cops would agree

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
JE.Electronics said:
It was no cop.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's quite easy to tell who's a real cop and who's a fake; even seasoned impersonators can't fake it 100% some times.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts