DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a real shame that no one can come up with a good tire dressing compound that actually lasts and does not fly off and make a mess.
I have found a good alternative that looks great and lasts a long time and does not fly off.
In aviation, there is a product called Shinemaster Gloss made by BF Goodrich and it is used to protect and dress the rubber deice boots along the leading edges of wings equipped with pneumatic deicing systems.

Its a little pricey but a quart bottle will last you for a very long time. Two even coats of this product dries to a hardened glossy finish that is flexible, dry, and wont fly off of your tires or ruin the clear coat on your wheels or hubcaps.

You can get it at Aircraft Spruce and Specialty (internet) It cost about $93.00 for quart (I have mine about 3 or 4 years now.) and there is at least 3/4 of the bottle left. Put "Shinemaster" in the search bar and look for Shinemaster Gloss. Do not get Shinemaster Prep (used for removing stripping off old gloss) lasts for months!

Trick to this stuff is dont use too much and do not apply unless tire is squeaky clean and dry. Too thick of a build up will crack the dressing and then it looks milky. You have to use straight ammonia to strip it down and start over again. Read directions and you will be pleased. They are not showing it on website but if you call the 800 number, they have a smaller bottle which costs considerably less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...or if you would rather spend a reasonable amount of money on tire dressing, try Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. No sling, no browning, nice finish, and good longevity. I've had mine on for a month now through washes, rain, and snow and although they don't still shine, they are still black which I think is important.

All that and it's almost half the price. $1.50/oz vs $2.90/oz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts