DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that I'm pathetic and everything, but...I have to ask cause its annoying as heck! I've got alternator noise up the wahzoo...and it ain't from the a/v cables. I was wondering, since I suck and crapped up at one point and put a screw straight through the main power cable then unscrewed it and covered it up with duct tape if that may be it? AND I REALLY DON'T WANT NO GUFF, cause I admit that I'm stupid. but still, you guys know what I mean when I say its annoying...any suggestions on how to clean up the noise or FIXING it would be GREAT! thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not to sound like an elitist here or anything but...

500W jensen amp 2ch(subs)
300W pyramid amp 4ch (speakers)
There is likely your culprit right there.

Cheap amps are prone to all sorts of noise due to substandard power supplies inside them.

You can try these things, make sure you have a good ground, not only at the amps but at the head unit. You can try grounding your head in the back with the amps. Try removing one of the amps at a time and see if it goes away.

Dont waste your time with noise suppressors or any of that garbage, they tend to make more noise then the remove and are a true band-aid solution if the do work.

Its possible as well the problem is coming from your head unit, but that is a longshot.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Make sure that your ground wires are as short as possible, and that you srape the paint away to the bare metal when you attatch the ground wire to the body. If not, you will have ground noise like I did.
It could be an alternator problem, but It shouldn't be from a puncture in the pwower wire. Another thing you could try is good quality, shielded RCA wires running from the deck to the amps. And, it could be the amps too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts