DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's 4 Am so sorry if this is a stupid post. I have a 200amp alternator here that was supposedly only used for a month on a 1g 3.5L. It's in a Bosch casing and I was told the "diodes" have also been upgraded. Not really sure what that is... alternators are mildly confusing to me as I've never torn one apart.

I have a '99 300m with the (obviously) 2g 3.5L. So I'm wondering... does it fit? I've read several threads: it fits, it doesn't fit, or it'll fit with modification. So I'ma postin' my own thread!

If I have to mod it... I'm thinking: "Are both the 1g and 2g the same alternator? Like are they internally regulated?" From what I can tell the plugs are different, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work, right? Can't I just splice the wires together? Or is it totally different wiring?

I'm also wondering if I could just take the guts out of this alternator and put it in my 2g casing...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few updates from me with dimensions just to double check with everyone. I'm getting mixed stories from different threads.

Notice this one is between the left bracket and the sleeve on the right.

And this one is between both brackets.

Both holes on the right side are the same diameter.

Outside diameter of pulley

Diameter of the splines on the pulley

Diameter between the splines on the pulley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts