DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get it here

I finished the second light this weekend. They'll be on the car with the red bulbs soon.

Have fun with this fellas, I wanna see some of my boyz from DI.net with these on their cars. Then JT and I won't feel like outcasts with them. HAHA

Later all

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
When i make these, im gonna buy a small lettering decal kit and put the letters "ATF" in the lower corner to dedicate them to the "founder" :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hey thats not too bad.. IM sure it is way harder than it seems, but with a little patience it can be done.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by ATFCharger:
Wait till I roll out with something for your 2G's. Then you'll sh*t some bricks. :)
Better bring the KY

;) :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
been wondering about that myself- the clear taillights would look pretty sweet on my silver'00-some may think it's a bit ricey but it depends on what color the car is (and type,of course), and what else you do to mod it up . I'm not going to go all out but an accent like that would go a long way. haven't seen them anywhere-hope one of us has the resources to produce them-lookin' sweet!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Let me give you a warning here.

Some of you may be considering super glue as an alternative to epoxy. Sounds good when you consider the drying time of the epoxy, but do not use it.

Cyanoacrylate super glues give off a vapor, which will turn clear plastic white. If you use super glue to mod your tail lights, you will more than likely end up with an ugly mess.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
excellent point, NCBrit. I was actually thinking about that while I was writing the how-to, but it never made it into the document. Not only would it turn the plastic white, but super glue is a lot more brittle than epoxy (at least I think so, never actually tested it).

yet, good point.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i wouldnt think superglue would fare well in really cold weather either, specially if you are hitting bumps and what not...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I'm also following some leads on getting a spare center section to "clear". I am e-mailing a guy who might have one, gonna see if i can get my hands on it. That will take a while to get opened up, but would really finish it off. I love the way the Eclipse looks with the clears all the way across the back. Was thinking of adding some lighting inside too. I was thinking along the lines of that neon street-glow wire around the perimeter. Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
thats what i thought too JT, with the Streetglow Hottwirez...you could also have LED's accross the back like the Caddys.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm..shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to open up the center section.

as for the wirez, I was thinking about that. but how the heck do you hold them in place inside a clear bezel without it looking like §hit? You could hot glue it in, but that'll come loose over time with cold and what not.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I'd say depending on how thick the plastic is you could groove a channel with a Dremmel or a similar high speed tool with a bit slightly smaller than the wire. File it down to make it nice and smooth, and to remove all the burrs, and then snug in the wire.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Any of you guys know where you can buy some of those red bulbs for the tails? Can you get em down at an Autozone, or should I order them off the net someplace? Cause I'm really pumped to do this mod.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Advance Auto usually carries the LED bulbs, if they dont you can order them from there and it should only take about 3 days, if that

1 - 20 of 24 Posts