DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
maybe your judgement on the distance/time was off? It doesn't take that long for an intrepid to reach 45mph from 10, esspecially when you aren't paying attention to your speed. I don't see why the cop would just make the story up, but you never know I guess.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
What he said.

I know it doesnt take that long or much room at all to get up and go.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Awww... I thought this thread was going to be about a jet powered Intrepid!

Sorry about the crap the cops are puting you through.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
LT.Almond said:
SO I got a ticket today, a stupid MOFO expedition got pissed when I beat him on a 2 into 1 lane change so he cut me off when I had to slow down to not hit a truck in front of me, then in a small ass city a couple miles down the road he starts slamming on his brakes and causing me headaches so when he decides to turn I have to pratically stop and then i speed up to go around him. When I go to speed up there is a cop, .5 seconds later his lights are on and I pulled over to get a ticket saying I was going 47 in a 35. Now in what world can a 2.7L go from maybe 10 mph to 47 in maybe 6 feet????? Needless to say I am fighting it but this is HORSE ****!!!! My wife told her grandma and she said she would pay for the ticket if I loose because even when she used to race (which shocked the hell out of us) The hotrods she ran couldnt go from 10 to 47 in 5 yards. :thefinger the police. Oh by the way, why do cops shake like a little girl when they come to the window???? I mean come on, you got the gun so grow some balls and be a man. :007:

The Cop Probably thought you were some kind of Drug Dealer or something, with the dark ass tints!,lol!, Around my area, Cops think only drug dealers down here would be driving LH Plats all over,lol, So they just ass holes, who like to pull people over with BEautiful CArs, and f around with them, I hate them ass holes!,lol,

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Ummm.....

Guys, they're just people like everyone else trying to do a thankless job.

They give you a ticket, then they're a-holes. If someone mugs you then they're a-holes for not being there. If someone breaks into your house, it's thier fault for not stopping the guy or getting there 10 minutes after the robber has left.

But who do you call when anything goes wrong?

The very same a-holes.

Not to start something, but from the tone of your original post it sounds as if you were a little twisted when you finally got a chance to go around the guy. Isn't it possible you were a little overzealous with the loud pedal?
I think it was more than 6 feet, as you wouldn't have even gotten by the truck in 6 feet, that's not even from the front bumper to the door of your car. If you just waited for the guy to get out of the lane instead of shooting around him, there wouldn't be any ticket at all.

Shaking like a little girl? Traffic stops are the most stressful situation they deal with outside of domestic disturbance calls, all they're thinking is "is the guy gonna give me his licence or stick a glock in my gut?" They just never know what they're gonna get. Dark tints only make it worse. They're on edge and waiting for god knows what to happen.
"You got the gun?" If a guy was to stick a gun out the window, do you think he would have time to get his out and use it? Perhaps you would like them to approach the door with the pistol out and pointed at you?
I remember getting pulled over by the state troopers once while travalling through the states. One guy swaggered up to the car quite casually, not a care in the world. As He got closer to the door the hackles went up on my neck for some reason. I looked in the rear veiw mirror and his partner was leaning on the hood with the 12 guage levelled at my head. Scarry feeling. Thank God I live in Canada where the Mounties aren't quite so spooked.

Most of these guys have "balls" bigger than you ever want to have to grow. I take my life in my hands evertime I go on a rescue mission but I can control all (well, almost all) the risks. These poor bastards have no idea or control over what they are getting into. There's an awful lot of crazy buggers out there, and they deal with them all.

So, think about cutting these guys a little slack. Sure there's some jerks out there, but only a few ruin the rep of the rest. I wouldn't want thier job. Too dangerous for me, and I fly helicopters into hurricanes to pull people off sail boats and such.

He probably did catch you speeding. Fight it if you wish, if he was wrong, He was wrong.
But (nothing personal here now) if you read between the lines in your orignal post, I tend to think he wasn't. Sounds as if you and the other guy might have had a little road rage thing going on. You'd be surprised how much that kind of emotion can effect your memory or your objectivity.

Good luck with the ticket

BJ

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great White said:
Ummm.....

Guys, they're just people like everyone else trying to do a thankless job.

They give you a ticket, then they're a-holes. If someone mugs you then they're a-holes for not being there. If someone breaks into your house, it's thier fault for not stopping the guy or getting there 10 minutes after the robber has left.

But who do you call when anything goes wrong?

The very same a-holes.

Not to start something, but from the tone of your original post it sounds as if you were a little twisted when you finally got a chance to go around the guy. Isn't it possible you were a little overzealous with the loud pedal?
I think it was more than 6 feet, as you wouldn't have even gotten by the truck in 6 feet, that's not even from the front bumper to the door of your car. If you just waited for the guy to get out of the lane instead of shooting around him, there wouldn't be any ticket at all.

Shaking like a little girl? Traffic stops are the most stressful situation they deal with outside of domestic disturbance calls, all they're thinking is "is the guy gonna give me his licence or stick a glock in my gut?" They just never know what they're gonna get. Dark tints only make it worse. They're on edge and waiting for god knows what to happen.
"You got the gun?" If a guy was to stick a gun out the window, do you think he would have time to get his out and use it? Perhaps you would like them to approach the door with the pistol out and pointed at you?
I remember getting pulled over by the state troopers once while travalling through the states. One guy swaggered up to the car quite casually, not a care in the world. As He got closer to the door the hackles went up on my neck for some reason. I looked in the rear veiw mirror and his partner was leaning on the hood with the 12 guage levelled at my head. Scarry feeling. Thank God I live in Canada where the Mounties aren't quite so spooked.

Most of these guys have "balls" bigger than you ever want to have to grow. I take my life in my hands evertime I go on a rescue mission but I can control all (well, almost all) the risks. These poor bastards have no idea or control over what they are getting into. There's an awful lot of crazy buggers out there, and they deal with them all.

So, think about cutting these guys a little slack. Sure there's some jerks out there, but only a few ruin the rep of the rest. I wouldn't want thier job. Too dangerous for me, and I fly helicopters into hurricanes to pull people off sail boats and such.

He probably did catch you speeding. Fight it if you wish, if he was wrong, He was wrong.
But (nothing personal here now) if you read between the lines in your orignal post, I tend to think he wasn't. Sounds as if you and the other guy might have had a little road rage thing going on. You'd be surprised how much that kind of emotion can effect your memory or your objectivity.

Good luck with the ticket

BJ

such an amazingly true post. of all the thankless jobs, cops have the top

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I couldn't be a cop.... the urge to give some scumbag a wood shampoo with a billyclub would be just too hard to resist I think, lol. Yeah, I thought that's exactly why dark tint was illegal, so if some cop pulls someone over, they can see inside the car and whether the guy has a gun or not?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dark tint?????????? Its 15% in the back which is still 10% away from what is legal in utah!!!! and the front is 45%. Not only that but I had both hands out before he got out of his :auto_01: with my license and paperwork.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
have a question, how fast were you going when you beat the suv into the merge?
ever thought he caught you speeding and finally caught up to you?
or how fast were you going between the merge and the next town?
Dont get pist at a cop for your lack of control.. you could of waited a few seconds(drive slow) and let him fully turn and leave and then you drive past him. so your fault your ticket. DO NOT GET PIST AT SOMEONE WHO IS DOING THEIR JOB.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
You got a fair bit of hostility there bro.

Not everybody's out to get you.

It sounds as if you were both driving poorly and were extremely discourteous to each other. That's how this road rage thing starts out.

You were just the one that got caught. The cop was only doing his job. Think about how many times he's probably heard the "this guy cut me off story". I seriously doubt you'll get any sympathy as all you had to do was just drive by the guy and it would have all been over.
I'm willing to bet you were angry at the whole situation and jammed the gas at the wrong time. All the cop probably saw was you gunning it.

Cops aren't superhuman, there's just human doing a thankless job. they make mistakes like everyone else.
If you were speeding, you were speeding. There is no legal excuse for it (well, maybe if someone is dying or having a baby in the back seat).

Just let the guy go and go about living your life and these problems won't happen.

If you were really worried about your wife and kids being shot, you would have just backed away from the a-hole. Personally, if I thiught the guy had a gun, I would have goten away from him by turning off, letting a couple cars get between us or just getting the hell out of there. Especially if I would have had my daughter with me. The last place you want to be is in front of a guy like that.

See, he got angry because he probably thought you cut him of at the merge, then he got in front of you because you were closing too fast on the vehicle in front of you, you were probably pretty close to his rear at this point, he slows down to "teach you a lesson" at the turn, you speed past him in a burst of "I'll show you" anger, the cop busts you because you allowed yourself to be sucked into this situation.

Sorry man, you could have difused the whole situation at many points. This is the picture you painted.

you're placing the whole blame on the other driver and now the cop. Going even so far as to insinuate collaboration between the other driver and the police to "get you". Step up to the plate here and accept responsability for your actions. The only people at fault here are you and the other driver. Plain and simple.

Sorry to sound preachy.

Try to have a better day tomorrow.

BJ

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
**** the police, I hate them.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Haha, somewhere on a Truck Forum, there's a post about how this dude in a family sedan thought he was so bad ass with his wife and kids in the car racing around and how he toyed with the ****er and then when he nailed it to get around the truck, he got OWN3D by da police!

I have no sympathies to hear that you had your family in the car and you're racing around trying to get pass some asshole. Yeah, I get pissed too when people do stupid **** and if I was alone in my car I probably would have done the same thing. But when I have my family in the car, it's not worth it at all.

Consider yourself lucky that a cop got involved cause I just see an ever escalating situation where one of you would have ended up getting wrecked. You, yourself, said how the guy kept reaching for **** and you still had the sense (or lack of) to try to piss the guy off even more by passing him up AGAIN????

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just a thought:
If you are going to actually contest this in court you might want to read through everything that you wrote above. Some statements kind of seem to be unfavorable to beating the ticket and probably will not please any judge.
1. Sounds like the whole thing started while racing to beat a bigger vehicle to a 1 lane merge.
2.in the first post you say "When I go to speed up there is a cop, .5 seconds later his lights are on and I pulled over..." later it is "the cop had his lights on and I hadnt even hit the gas to really go, I did hit it because its a normal reaction but I hit the brakes when I saw the lights on.... " then it turns into "HE HAD his LIGHTS ON when I came around the guy" Seems to be 3 different versions of a similar story? And the usual reaction when you see blue lights is hit the brakes!
3.Sounds like there was a little road rage going on, even though it was started by the other driver, I think you will have a hard time making a judge believe that you were monitoring your speedometer and knew how fast you were actually going or exactly how far it was. ---From what you say it sounds like you had to keep all eyes on the road and vehicle ahead just to avoid hitting anyone and keep the family safe.

I agree that being a cop is not an easy job. There are good cops and not good cops. Who knows about the one that pulled you over. But... it does sound like there were several things that you could have done to make the outcome different..

PS . I too started to read this thread thinking it was about a jet powered 2.7. Damn!!! just wishful thinking LOL
Just my 2.7cents worth
Anyway Good Luck with it and drive safe.

·
Registered
982 Posts
AND
If my kids were in the car
AND
If I really thought that the guy in front of me was reaching for a gun.
My following distance between me and that car would be about 2 times the maximum travel of a 45 cal round.
Just can't be too careful anymore.

You are lucky that you didn't rear end him and find the answer to your prevoius post about " What do you have to do to get the airbags to deploy" :icon_roll

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Funny thing to me is you guys think its about a jet powered intrepid, if it would have been I would have just hit it and been gone. No flashing lights at all :) :minesbigg

Anyhow.

·
Registered
982 Posts
LT.Almond said:
Funny thing to me is you guys think its about a jet powered intrepid, if it would have been I would have just hit it and been gone. No flashing lights at all :) I know SMC that your perfect and never make decisions based on the moment, and thats okay too. Please by all means can you honestly say that you have never drove defensively or offensely based on what your opinion is, when you thought someone was going to either run over your wifes side of the car, or pull a gun or something out and hurt your family? If so then I will admit that you are so much better then me.

Anyhow.
I can honestly say tha I have driven at times both defesively and at times offensively
I can also honestly say that I have never driven and put my kids in any danger as described in your thread ..period.
But most of all I can honestly say... I am glad that I do not have to drive anywhere in Utah any time soon!!! :doh:
Cool down, Live and Learn----- Life is too short!!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts