DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard in some of the news type programs like Autoline Detroit and I have also read it in articles that according to companies like JD Power, American cars and trucks rank higher in quality and customer satisfaction than the Europeans and not far behind the Japanese car makers. With the current trend the American car companies are showing it looks like quality and satisfaction to rival the Japanese is coming soon! I have always liked American cars for their style and cost effectivness. Don't be fooled by cars like Toyota Pirus....in real world driving situations it is only averaging 40mpg instead of the 51-60 that is advertised.
 

·
Mopar or No Car
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
ScatPackMopars said:
I have heard in some of the news type programs like Autoline Detroit and I have also read it in articles that according to companies like JD Power, American cars and trucks rank higher in quality and customer satisfaction than the Europeans and not far behind the Japanese car makers. With the current trend the American car companies are showing it looks like quality and satisfaction to rival the Japanese is coming soon! I have always liked American cars for their style and cost effectivness. Don't be fooled by cars like Toyota Pirus....in real world driving situations it is only averaging 40mpg instead of the 51-60 that is advertised.
Buddy at works got one of those and he's a real soft-pedal driver. He's been averaging about 43 MPG and he goes through more gas than I do!!! Can't imagine driving 27,000 miles a year ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Asian cars were ranked at 12 problems per 100 vehicles, American at 18, and European at 20. You can look at this in several ways - I prefer to look at it as a win-win for us the consumer.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
repost....3rd time this has been posted, but i think everyone should see it at least 100 times anyway...and i have a hard time believing that japanese cars are that good, especially since most people with problems wont report them to protect the name
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
irishred said:
repost....3rd time this has been posted, but i think everyone should see it at least 100 times anyway...and i have a hard time believing that japanese cars are that good, especially since most people with problems wont report them to protect the name

I think Japanise buyers have higher expectations and report things that big 2 and Chrysler buyers would let go.12 - 18 proplems is still 50% worse. They still have a long way to go and the Japanese name plates are improving also. My 2002 Altima is doing well(1 recall and no problems). My wifes 2001 PT is doing well(2 recalls and an A/C compressor). By this time my Intrepid was in the shop about 5 times. From my experience those number look about right. Much better than they were with some ways to go. If they are cheap enough I would buy another DC product(they have to look better also).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,025 Posts
I agree with adaptable. The type of people that are buying reliable cars are buying them for their reliability and when it fails, they will ***** like crazy. Whereas someone who buys a Pontiac Sunfire knows that it aint "money" that they're buying to they would tend to let more **** slide. But that's just in general.

My fiancée used to work for Honda Dealer for the warranty department, and when **** goes wrong, they really complain and complain loud. They will often go on with rants about how they bought such and such car for its reliability and it shouldn't break, etc, etc. Then they call every consumer group out there to *****. Then they ***** at my fiancée even though she didn't do anything wrong.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
adaptabl said:
IIf they are cheap enough I would buy another DC product(they have to look better also).
funny you should mention that...because here you say that the trep and 300 are some of chryslers best looking cars, even after a 7 and 6 year run, respectively....way to talk out of both sides of your mouth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
irishred said:
funny you should mention that...because here you say that the trep and 300 are some of chryslers best looking cars, even after a 7 and 6 year run, respectively....way to talk out of both sides of your mouth
Hello... my name is I JUST GOT OWN3D... whats yours?

Good find.

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
irishred said:
funny you should mention that...because here you say that the trep and 300 are some of chryslers best looking cars, even after a 7 and 6 year run, respectively....way to talk out of both sides of your mouth

They are good looking. It's the product since the takeover thats ugly as hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,992 Posts
What's an "OWN3D"? Old white nissan in real life?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
I always said that American cars are better than European....and I have to know it best ;-)

Maybe the "felt" quality is little better on european cars, but many of my friends drive european cars and I´m the only one who never had any major problem with my car-no breakdown or something...

My next car is another one MADE IN USA (or Canada;-)....that´s for sure...
Benny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
alarkyokie said:
What's an "OWN3D"?
Glad that you asked! ;)

See the dog Sparky snoozing away... well his owner is getting OWN3D:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,130 Posts
Re: Re: American Cars better than the Europeans!

D76G12 said:
Buddy at works got one of those and he's a real soft-pedal driver. He's been averaging about 43 MPG and he goes through more gas than I do!!! Can't imagine driving 27,000 miles a year ...
Don't drive much, eh??
 

·
Mopar or No Car
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Re: Re: Re: American Cars better than the Europeans!

bongobobny said:
Don't drive much, eh??
One of the few people that could lease a car and get charged little or nothing extra for mileage ...
But I do drive a 44 mile round trip commute.

My Trep has 14,000 miles on it, now. In 9 years, when I (hopefully) "retire", I figure it'll be at 125,000±.
Still LOT'S of life left ...:biggrin:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top