DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to buy the amp bypass
cable for the Infinity Amplifer on a 95 ES. I had found it once but forgot to bookmark it. Let me know if you could. Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It allows you to keep your existing factory wiring to use your new radio with. In other words the connections that go to stock amplifier from the head unit now connect directly to the wires going to your speakers. This is bypassing the stock AMP and using the head unit to power the speakers.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, if you don't have the Inifinity stock system (like me), then all the wires from the head unit already go directly to the speakers.

·
Registered
456 Posts
hey once you find out how to do this could you please e-mail me with the answer. I am having the same problem with my 95 trep es w/ infinty sound system and was about ready to ditch the cd player I bought then I realized that when I turned on the CD player, the antenna went down therefore it must be shutting the power to the amp (which is hidden somewhere) and not allowing the juice to run to the speakers. It'll be easier once I can afford the JL amps and speakers I want and I don't have to worry about factory ****. Thanks again!
Jeff
mail me @:
[email protected] :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had to rewire all the speakers myself when i installed a new head unit. The only hard part was wiring into the door, that was a *****. I'm not sure there is an amp bypass cable. The amp also acts as the crossover for the dash speakers too, so you'd need to get some bass blockers if you wire then direct. I got ones that cut off anything below 800 htz.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hidden? Good lord its on the driver side in the trunk on the driver's side of the car. Just pull the carpet back. Like he said need to know if you had the infinity to start with if not your running like atf said off the deck now. If your going all out and don't want to use the amp I understand but you could put good speakers in place and use the factory amp to power them and they will sound good, not show quality no i won't say that if your going for top notch only. Then just get you some jl's like you were talking whatever rating you want and whatever amp and just run your rca's. Have fun.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey BC42875,
By the way, why are you trying to bypass the amp? I ordered a harness from Crutchfield this morning and it allows me to use the entire existing system with my new head unit. What kind of head unit do you have? Most of them now come with a remote amp lead wire off the headunits wire harness. Qhat you want to do is purchase the same harness I did from Crutchfield so that way there you AREusing the factory amp which will be a little better than the headunit's power. If you have any further questions just write me.
Jeff :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would like to bypass my amp too and it is as far as I know a chrysler amp at least thats what it says. the deck is the stock tape deck with cd controls and I only have 4 speakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts