DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Why not run the power directly off the alt? Better power source and it'll save you a few feet (and hassle) since it's already on the driver's side of the car

I ran power on my Intrepid and also my Mustang directly offf the alt and think I will do this for all my installs from now on

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would probably guess no.... I had 18 ft... ran it the same way, and it was big enough to give just a bit of slack to the distributor cap on the far left of this pic:

the other red wire is 4 gauge that I ran out of the distro cap

·
Registered
280 Posts
bambam72 said:
Hey Members

Just a quick ?
Is the 17 foot power cable long enough to reach from the battery to fire wall, along fire wall to drivers side down door sills to the spare tire compartment?
2001 ES 3.2
:brutal_42
17Ft will get you from the battery - along the fire wall - down the drivers side door sills and up through the back of the seats with about 1 foot to spare... with 17ft the best place you can mount your amp is to the back of the drivers side fold down seat (Thats where I had mine for 8-9 months). So the answer to your question is no, You will need a minimum of 20Ft to get to the spare tire compartment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts