DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remount my amplifier. It is currently mounted on the back of my sub enclosure. I want to mount it where it can be seen and adjusted. How would I mount it? Anyone got any suggestions or something that worked for them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You could mount it on the side of the trunk. That would be easy to get to and you can hide the wires under the carpet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to see some pics and get detailed instructions on that. I want it to look professional...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Go look around at sounddomain.com. You are bound to find some pics of that mounting style there.

·
Registered
366 Posts
hey i took a peice of wood (3/4" mdf i think and put it behind the carpet on the back wall and then wounted my amp on the other side of the carpet so it goes rear of seats>mdf>carpet>amp, all the wires are hidden with that wire look stuff- looks real nice not easy to get to to steal also

·
Registered
24 Posts
check mine out. I like the way that it worked.
members.sounddomain.com/ericbumps

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ericbumps said:
check mine out. I like the way that it worked.
Looks nice... How did you physically mount the amps and crossover to the trunk? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
ericbumps welcome to the boards! I am from Wisconsin also, as are a few more members. Keep looking for Wisconsin meets so you can get together with us sometime.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I mounted the logic amp (middle) with four screws, and the cross-over and boss amp are mounted with just two screws towards the middle. All of these are screwed to the spare tire cover.

Thanks for welcoming me. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys some time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the extra info. That doesn't sound very complicated. Did you drill holes in the cover? Thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I drilled holes in the cover. I put the amp down, and marked where the wires should go. Then I drilled into the cover and drilled the holes just big enough for the wires to fit through so that the wires don't wiggle around.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When you open your trunk, directly on the left there is a nice flat verticle piece of trunk that is prime for amp mounting. Behind the carpet, which is easily pulled back, you will find two one inch thick metal braces and about 4-6 inches of space between them and the fender. I used a piece of scrap wood from my shop-class and placed it between the carpet and the brackets (used an ordinary coat hanger to hold the wood against the brackets. Then replaced the carpet and screwed the amp to the wood, w/o screwin into the brackets. Then I made a small slit into the carpet next to the amp so that the wires go into the trunk and are unseen. The amp doesnt take any cargo space, is easily seen, easily adjusted, and rather difficult to remove as long as you keep your damned trunk shut. I will put up some pictures when the ol' lady gets back w/ my car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts