DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I am hoping that you guys can help me figure out this problem. I have a chrysler LHS 01, and I recently installed a couple of speakers, and bypass the factory amp, and put them to the HU. Well, I decided that it wasnt doing the work that these speakers were capable of, so I decided to get an amp. I got a pioneer 760watts, and well I installed everything, and I got some instructions where it said to take off the neg, and put in the neg in last. Well I ran the power wire through the rubber plug thats under the dash on the drivers side, kinda where the brake is. Well I ran it all on that side of the car, and under the back seat, and ran the remote and rca cables on the passanger side. Well I hooked up all the connections to the amp, and I thought I was ready to go. So I hooked up the neg, and what ended up happening it sparked a little when I connected it back in, but I did get it in. Well when I checked to see if the amp worked, I turned on the HU, which is a premier 650 if that matters, but I didnt get any sound out of the speakers. So I checked the amp, and saw that both fuses were blown on it. So I replaced them, and when I started to insert them, they blew. So well I decided, take off the positive, where its connected to the battery, I decided to take it off at the fuse area, and I put new fuses in the amp, and when I hooked up the amp, that fuse that is on the pos, blew. So I was talking to someone and they metioned that the amp is probably fried. So I went ahead and bought a brand new amp Audiobahn (A4002T). Well I was sure that I was going to plug, set up the settings on the amp, and we are all good. Well I hooked up everything on the amp, pos, neg, remote, rca, and speaker wires. Then I went ahead and replaced the fuse on the pos, 8guage, and hooked it up. Well I tried it out, and the amp didnt power up at all. It would not power up this brand new amp. Now I dont know what is the problem, what I have to do to fix it, I dont know nothing. Can someone please help me fix this problem, I spent 2 days trying to figure this out with no success. I know this is a long post, but I would appreciate the help to fix this problem, and have me going. Thx

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
So the new amp doesn't show a power-up light either? Have you tested to make sure you have +12v on the main power cable as well as +12v on the remote turn-on when the radio is on???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the new amp does not show a power up light. And it is a 10g amp wire, I made a mistake, if that makes a difference. I dont have to check the power, but Im going to homedepot in a little bit to get one to check.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I went and got just one of those meters, just to check if it was running power across, and it is running power through it. The light, ends up lighting up, so what could be the problem then?
Edit: I checked the remote and it was not powering up. I ended up checking, and I guess I did hook the remote wire up good, cause I reconnected it, and the amp works great now. Do you think that the other amp is broken?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts