DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knukonceptz product detail for 1/0 AMPLIFIER INSTALLATION KIT

i was thinking about buying that, but compared to the 4 gauge kit it doesnt have a whole lot of wire, or extra features like the rca's, or things like that, and im a lil uncertain if thats enough wire to run from the batt to the trunk(id rather have extra than not enough in this case)

so just wondering anyone know wher ei can get some good deals on wire or a kit?

thanks

-Christopher

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I'm not really sure where you can get a good deal on a kit, but if you do a little searching local you can probably find nice welding cable for no more than 1.50/foot for the big stuff. It's not pretty, but it does the job. I got mine from a local Praxair.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welding cable eeh? and i dont care about pretty, if i do it right you wont see it at all hopefully.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The only thing that scares me about welding cable is that some tends to be stiff and a pain to work with. The stuff I got from my local Praxair Distribution was pretty good though. I looked and there are a few in New York, if you have any close to you you might want to stop by and check it out.

I like it because it doesn't have the big plastic casing around it. My 2/0 is physically the same size as car audio 1/0 because it doesn't have the bulky case, so if you get the 1/0 it should be easier to squeeze into places than reg 1/0 :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive never actually heard of praxair, but i went to my local lowes and they had nothing unless i wanna run some bx or telephone wire.... im gonna go to some less franchise-y building supplies stores and see whats around there, cauz soemones gotta be carrying this stuff bulk and im gonna look up prax as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok im doing some comparison shopping on knukonceptz.com,

Their 1/0 gague kit is as follows:
18ft 1/0 power
5ft 1/0 ground,
FH20 fuse holder wit fuse,
4 ring terminals,
6 ft split loom and wire ties

And this is if i bought it individualy from knukonceptz.com
25 ft of power wire @ 2.35/ft = $58.75
FH20 fuse holder and fuse = $19.99
4 ring terminals @ 1.75 ea = $7.00
5meter RCA = $7.99

and the search continues.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
SolarWar said:
ok im doing some comparison shopping on knukonceptz.com,

Their 1/0 gague kit is as follows:
18ft 1/0 power
5ft 1/0 ground,
FH20 fuse holder wit fuse,
4 ring terminals,
6 ft split loom and wire ties

And this is if i bought it individualy from knukonceptz.com
25 ft of power wire @ 2.35/ft = $58.75
FH20 fuse holder and fuse = $19.99
4 ring terminals @ 1.75 ea = $7.00
5meter RCA = $7.99

and the search continues.
or just buy the 1/0 amp install kit for $72.99 and add the RCA for $7.99=complete 1/0 kit for $80.98

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JoeKD said:
or just buy the 1/0 amp install kit for $72.99 and add the RCA for $7.99=complete 1/0 kit for $80.98
im worried about the length, but i measure my car and i dunno it doesnt seem as such a small amount anymore, ill prob just end up getting the kit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
goin in the cutlass, i just didnt wanna be limited on where i have to put it in the trunk. whatever we shall see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts