DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with big amplifiers. How did you run your power wire directly to the battery? Where did you go through the firewall? I don't want to drill.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
I wish I knew....

I had mine professionaly done a few months back and I haven't taken the time to look. But I am sure I remember the tech saying he put it through a grommet that is near the gas pedal.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
there's a grommet in the firewall where the hood release goes to the engine compartment. i haven't done it on an intrepid but it's been that way on every other car i've ever done stereo work to.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
put it through the grommet for the shift cable. put a little cauk in the extra spaces too, keep the noise/wind/water out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put mine from the battery up onto the railing on the fender, down in the fender where the door meets it, then i brought it inside and there is the trimming where there is 2 different pieces and possibly colors on the drivers side, then i put it through there, going under the plastic covering, under the hood opener, and straight to the back seat, where you should find a hole if you take the seat out........ and thats it..... and it took maybe 15 mins to do all of that :)

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: MxPx ]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Originally posted by Lafrad:
put it through the grommet for the shift cable. put a little cauk in the extra spaces too, keep the noise/wind/water out.
Seems like I remember Randy had his shifter cable break because of an alarm wire running through this hole. An amp wire would be larger than this wire was. I would think twice before taking this route.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I looked at it again... it wasn't the shift wirew.. that was just a thought of it.. I atcually put it through one of the grommets used for my remote start wires.... sorry if it was misleading.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I drilled my firewall. I fear no rust (besides...that way I don't have to squish anything else).

Amp wire runs under carpeting inside the plastic wire railes on the chasis down driver side...RCA cables likewise on passenger side. Had to remove the entire entire. But it's nice.

·
Registered
220 Posts
There is a rather large grommet high up on the firewall, the cable for the parking brake runs through there, and there is plenty of room for a 4 gauge cable and some smaller alarm/foglight/whatever wires....

The only problem is the wire exits BEHIND the left shock tower, so you need some stiff wire to work through the hole and around the shock tower. to right next to the brake cylinder...

Done several LHs and never had a problem using that grommet..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts