DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And the plot thickens...Man, WTF?!

Hey, guys. You'll never guess what happened today...I went to Carmax in Schaumburg to look at 2002 Intrepid ES 3.5L that I had seen on the internet for sale at $13995. It only had 15k miles on it. A hell of a deal, right? Check this out. While I was there, I looked at some other LH bodies, specifically a '00 LHS with every option and for a second, a Concorde. Anyway, I test drove the LHS, which was in very good shape, but the steering was a little numb and the ride was kinda harsh with the 17" wheels. Plus, it was $1000 more than the Intrepid and had quite a few extra thousand miles on it. Needless to say, I chose the Intrepid, which had very few options other than the 16" aluminum wheels and a power drivers seat. I had bought the car and was ready to drive it off the lot when the sales lady showed me the trunk...it had an SE badge!!! I popped the hood, and to no surprise of my own, it had a 2.7L engine. I knew it was too good to be true! The sales manager offered to drop $200 off the extended warranty, but I declined.

Needless to say, they're importing a 2002 ES with 26k miles on it in the same blue pearlcoat exterior from Merrillville, IN. The sales lady is going to go get it herself and have it there by Monday. I felt bad about making them cancel everything because they were so awesome about the whole process, but I just couldn't live with the fact that it wasn't the car that I wanted.

Sorry for the long post, but I'll be driving home that ES on Tuesday before I go to work. I'm getting it for $15,000, but they're going to give me a bit of a discount on the warranty because I still chose to buy from them even after they advertised the wrong car. Well, anyway, I'm BAAACK!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell, yeah. That blue is freakin' beautiful! I know what you're saying, but I just hate being difficult with people, especially when they've been nothing but super-cool with me since I walked in the door.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Ok, but what happened to the gold/tan one you showed me Steve? Did you change your mind about the color (and the 3.5) at the last minute or what?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good choice on the 2nd gen. You'll get a lot of compliments on how nice it looks. I know you'll love it. Yes, that color blue is very cool too. Good Luck!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wow. I was just looking at that car the other day!! ( Well it was the only blue ES there soo...) Well it is pretty sharp! Good choice, and a good price tag on it too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
glad to see you didn't get pissed at the trep after yours well... died... but hey, welcome to the 2nd gen... as a member that's had both (and killed the 1st gen as well), i say welcome. happy treppin'.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gormo66 said:
Super. I hope that has auto-stick. That is really fun to drive!

--Gorm
Dunno if it does, but even if it doesn't, I could always add it. :wink:

Maybe the guy from Indiana could tell ya if it has auto-stick or not...that would be bitchin' but I don't think it's an option on 2002 ESs...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yes, Autostick was ONLY available as a standard feature on 2002 R/T's, they discontinued it on the ES' :(

Patriot Blue??? I hope so, I don't really like the Steel Blue :(

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure this is the patriot blue. The SE was, and it was beautiful. It looks pretty light in the picture, but it could be the darker Steel Blue for all I know...God I hope not...

EDIT: I can't link you to the page, but I can surely tell you how to get there. Go to Carmax.com and press "Start" in the upper left. On the next page, scroll to the bottom and punch in stock number 1726077. I can't tell by the picture, since all of their pics have a brownish hue to them, but this one looks to be a darker blue color.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That story is a definite WTF, but glad to see you're back in business Steve:D. Nothing like easing the pain of losing your Intreid by buying a new one! :)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That sounds great. It seems at the last meet their could of been another color anyway. It also sounds like an awsome color. When I bought my car I found the add in the paper for $6000 and it ended up being 7700 their. To make me happy they droped it to 6000. :) I hope you have easy ridden with the trep!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts