DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm having some serious problems here... well, they're not very serious, but it is just starting to really piss me off....

first question: Everytime I try to make a new *.gif it changes all the frames when i just want to change one:mad: It pisses me off cauz i dont know how to get it to not do that. The only time it worked for me is when i made my avatar and now its just being gay...

second question: I made a *.gif for a friend's French project for school, but when i went to save it it saved it as 5 or 6 different *.gif files. Is there anyway to just save it as one large file, or does it automatically do that because its a big file ( i think it was 2.3 megs or something)

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You have to make sure you hide the layers on each gif frame that you don't want to be shown.

So if layer 1 is frame 1, when you make layer 2 (to be frame 2) you have to hide the original layer and so on and so on...etc.eetc..

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but when i made my avatar it let me take the text layer and move it for each frame and I didnt' have to make multiple text layers....

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Just make sure you only keep the layers you want open for each frame. What I usually do is name each layer "Frame 1" "Frame 2" etc etc... If you are having problems using the same layer in multiple frames, try duplicating your frames for different layers.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try duplicating your frames for different layers.
but then i'll end up with like 10,000,000 layers :eek: :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts